TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2004, 07:29 AM   #1
revmrbill

Default Gulf State Park

;D 8) 8)For those of you that enjoy the Gulf Coast, I would just like to let you know that Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores Ala is one of the best Alabama State Parks to stay in.

It is very Centrally located and within thirty to forty-five minutes of various attractions.

To the East is the Pensacola Naval Air Station which has the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Barrancas, Gulf Island National Park, and many attractions in the Pensacola area.

To the West is the Battleship USS Alabama, and Battle Ship Park, also a River Boat Cruise on the Mobile River Delta, The Exploreum, a Fine Arts Museum and during the early spring the Azalea Trail is beautiful.

In Foley, 15 miles north we have a Tanger outlet center with over 200 stores to shop.

Just to the west of the park, 35 miles we have Fort Morgan which was a pivotal Fort during the Civil War, and there is a Ferry that goes to Dauphin Island and from there you can get to Bellingrath Gardens, which has something Blooming year round from Azalea's to Rose's.

It is a nice place to camp as many of the sites are Lake front sites, but be careful, we have a lot of alligator's that have no fear of the human population.

Call for reservations because it stays full most of the busy season, April thru October 1-251-948-6353.

Oh, I almost forgot we have over many, many golf courses in the area some are designed by Arnold Palmer and other pros.

Enjoy your stay when you come, TW and I live only 15 miles from the park and email us if you come maybe we can get together.