TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
BrigCA61

Default Increase water pressure?

I'd like to get a little more water pressure in my shower and saw a few products available. Has anyone tried either of these?

Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerhead:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...26&tab=reviews

Extreme Series Smart Sensor 5.7 Water Pump:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...p/skunum=24425

Thanks for your ideas and input.

Brigitte
Old 03-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
leec

Default Water Flow Fix

Hello,

I installed the Shurflo Accumulator Tank last year, http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...nk/skunum=2290, and it made a big difference both in the noise and the flow of the water in the system. It's fairly inexpensive, about $35, and easy to install and maybe it will fix your concerns?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
BrigCA61

Default Oxygenics Body Spa Showerhead

I decided to buy the Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerhead:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...26&tab=reviews
  • Sharper Image Oxygenics Body Spa Self-Pressurizing Hand-Held Showerhead
  • Retail price $49.95
  • Enjoy an energizing full-spray shower!
  • Reduce your water usage by up to 70%.
  • Great for low pressure showers— even with water pressure as low as 20 psi!
  • Chrome-plated showerhead with a 60-inch hose (and a holder.)
  • Manufacturer Lifetime Guarantee never to clog or fail!
I want to report to you that this is probably one of the best modifications I have made to our Trailmanor. The showerhead provides the same kind of shower you're used to taking at home - no more trickling water from the standard showerhead! Very easy to hook up and it uses only the least bit of water. I highly recommend it!! I bought mine at eBay for $32.00 plus $8.10 shipping.

I LOVE IT!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
2bcs1jrt

what part did you buy for the on/off feature? And will it work with just the pressure of the water pump? We never hook up to water.
Cheri
Old 05-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
BrigCA61

There's a built in flow-control valve at the end of the showerhead handle where it attaches to the hose... that can be adjusted as low as a small trickle of water... there's no way to actually turn it off completely unless you use the faucet nobs to achieve that.

Yes, it works just as great with the water pump as it does when hooked up to outside water.

I can't say enough good about this... it used to take me much longer to get the soap out of my hair because of the low water pressure on the old showerhead... with this it's so much quicker. I think this needs to be installed in all RV's!

Brigitte
Old 08-04-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
BrigCA61

Thumbs up Oxygenics Body Spa Showerhead On-Sale!

If anyone's interested, CampingWorld online now has these on sale for $33.99, normally sells for $49.95. It installs very quickly by just changing out the old one at the faucet with the new one. It is great, we love it!!

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...d/skunum=28026

Brigitte
Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #7
MukaboutintheNW

Thanks Brigitte, I have been thinking about the Oxygenics showerhead ever since you posted your experience with it, and now this is just the incentive I need to get it. I just ordered it!!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
KSBASS

Default Oxygenics Showerhead Mounting

Brigitte - Thanks for the tip!
We too ordered one from CW. Quite an upgrade from the stock showerhead. Another miserably hot weekend so we stayed at home and I tweaked on the TM some more. I wanted it mounted up as high as possible so I (5'10") could fit underneath it but also needed to be low enough for little Em (4') to reach the on/off valve. Maybe too crude but I used a couple pieces of insulated 12ga. wire and made a two-height hangar. I drilled a hole in the shower curtain hangar track and hung the hangar from that. Same thing for the shampoo/soap shower caddy. The showerhead is mounted in the left rear corner. This gives the most room for showering IMO. I did need to connect the old and new sprayer hoses together with a 65 cent 1/2"x2" plastic nipple so the head would reach. No shower curtain was slit or harmed in this installation! Although I did sew the curtains together, shortened them and sewed on some velcro patches to keep curtain securely overlapped. I also used a quick-shutoff fitting from Home Depot right at the head since the stock valve is a twist-type, takes two hands and was really tough for little Em to operate. A few more tweaks and we're off to Winfield.
Troy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Showerhead High.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	2143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Showerhead Low.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	2144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Showerhead Close.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	2145  
Old 08-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #9
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBASS View Post
Brigitte - Thanks for the tip!
We too ordered one from CW. Quite an upgrade from the stock showerhead. Another miserably hot weekend so we stayed at home and I tweaked on the TM some more. I wanted it mounted up as high as possible so I (5'10") could fit underneath it but also needed to be low enough for little Em (4') to reach the on/off valve. Maybe too crude but I used a couple pieces of insulated 12ga. wire and made a two-height hangar. I drilled a hole in the shower curtain hangar track and hung the hangar from that. Same thing for the shampoo/soap shower caddy. The showerhead is mounted in the left rear corner. This gives the most room for showering IMO. I did need to connect the old and new sprayer hoses together with a 65 cent 1/2"x2" plastic nipple so the head would reach. No shower curtain was slit or harmed in this installation! Although I did sew the curtains together, shortened them and sewed on some velcro patches to keep curtain securely overlapped. I also used a quick-shutoff fitting from Home Depot right at the head since the stock valve is a twist-type, takes two hands and was really tough for little Em to operate. A few more tweaks and we're off to Winfield.
Troy
Now that is COOL!...Great info...we thought the rv park had low wate pressure and took off out regulator...but this indicates this is a common problem. Looks like a neat solution.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #10
BrigCA61

Hi Troy,

Nice installation... and I'm glad you like the new showerhead and could benefit off the sale at CW. Great pictures and good details... I never thought to hang it directly from the curtain rail - great idea! Right now mine is fastened by a showerhead holder secured to the wall with velcro... it works well but I would love it to be higher - your idea will solve that problem. Thanks for sharing your experience with the showerhead hanging from the corner... suppose that's why TM installed the showerhead holder on the new '07's there... I may have to try that as well. Wonderful idea about the 2-height system so your daughter can use it too.

And you're right about the shut off being kind of a pain on the unit. I've read about the quick shut-off valve from Home Depot and was going to post it here, but you beat me to it... that's actually next on our to-do list.

Have fun on your next outting!

Brigitte