TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Redhawk

Default Shower Faucet

First time out with our TM, of course we tested everything and found a few problems. Looks like the faucet for the shower head froze and broke the little black tube inside, I'm figuring I can order the replacement from the manufacturer, but would REALLY prefer to replace the whole assembly if possible, with a higher quality unit. This one is pretty cheap plastic all around and I can see more issues down the road. Any one else replaced theirs?
Thanks!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
First time out with our TM, of course we tested everything and found a few problems. Looks like the faucet for the shower head froze and broke the little black tube inside, I'm figuring I can order the replacement from the manufacturer, but would REALLY prefer to replace the whole assembly if possible, with a higher quality unit. This one is pretty cheap plastic all around and I can see more issues down the road. Any one else replaced theirs?
Thanks!
I broke mine too. It's just a 1/8" pipe fitting. I bought an 1/8" pipe nipple with a 1/4" hose barb on it. I unscrewed the old fitting, screwed in the new nipple, cut the shower hose, soaked the end of the hose in boiling water (to swell it) put it on the nipple and was done (doesn't even need a clamp). Cost was about $1.

I would recommend that every TM owner keep one of those nipples on hand. They break easily and if you have one with you, it will make your day. If you don't, it could ruin your camp-out.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
larsdennert

Oxygenics? Isn't that the favored one? Make sure it has a shut off control.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
Redhawk

Sorry Wayne, I wasn't real clear on what broke, the black plastic piece that goes from both faucets to the hose connection (shaped like a T) split and is cracked length wise between the 2 faucets, BUT....I think you have me on the right track, I should be able to rig some tubing between all 3 connections to make it work. Thanks...
Old 08-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
4Kids2Dogs

It sounds like the same place we had a break. Probably froze over the winter. DH was able to remove the face behind the hot/cold water handles and used Loctite for pipes to seal up the leak. It's worked fine since.
1995 Ford F-150 w/Prodigy BC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4Kids2Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:42 AM   #6
whitegs

Default Plastic shower fitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
I broke mine too. It's just a 1/8" pipe fitting. I bought an 1/8" pipe nipple with a 1/4" hose barb on it. I unscrewed the old fitting, screwed in the new nipple, cut the shower hose, soaked the end of the hose in boiling water (to swell it) put it on the nipple and was done (doesn't even need a clamp). Cost was about $1.

I would recommend that every TM owner keep one of those nipples on hand. They break easily and if you have one with you, it will make your day. If you don't, it could ruin your camp-out.
Hi Wayne,

I read your post about the shower fitting. I guess when I winterized for the first time, I didn't drain the shower head and yesterday, filling the toilet with the shower hose, water sprayed out of the plastic part soaking everything I had stored in the tub. (We don't use our shower except as storage and as a convenient way to charge the toilet.)

I see you replaced the plastic with a pipe fitting. How do you get the old plastic part out? Does it unscrew. Could it be fractured where it attaches to the faucets? I'm not sure how to take the shower faucets apart to check.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Richard
Old 05-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
smavica

Default Shower Faucet

I just set up my 2008 TM 2720 this season and I too have a shower leak coming from what I believe is the black plastic piece that goes from both faucets to the hose connection. I've not pinpointed the exact location of the crack. Can you remove the shower tubing from this black piece or do I need to remove the faucet to work it? Does anyone have pictures of how to remove the shower faucets? I assume it's just a matter of removing the nuts under the two faucet handles.
smavica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
scottandemily

I just discovered the same problem of the cracked black T shaped pipe between the faucets. To remove my faucets, I found a small hex bolt holding each one in that is sort of hidden half way down the faucet and under the handle. Feel for the recessed hole and then have one of your smallest allen wrenches on standby. Not sure how to get that black piece off, there is not alot of wiggle room and I'm not ready to just force it off (yet). I'm going to try the lock tite solution, but since I don't know what that is... Hope that helps, let me know what you come up with.
Scott
Old 05-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

smavica - Check out this thread:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=8793

Once you remove that faucet mounting board from the metal TM wall, you can access the nuts to unscrew the water supply lines from the faucet. Then you can remove the faucet to repair/replace.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #10
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Ugh! I cracked the black plastic nut trying to tighten to stop a leak. Does anyone know how to remove the black connection so I can replace. It looks like some sort of copper ring holds the pipe to the connection that's broken.

Any help would be great!

Theresa
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote