TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
DC Randy

Wink A big THANK YOU!

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate each and every response to my "Should I sign the papers?" post. I am totally at peace with my decision, and can't wait until this coming Saturday when I pick up my new trailer.

Furthermore, I am in awe that you all participate and contribute to this forum. I hope you all know that I scour this site and contine to learn, and take notes (special thanks to Mike & Kelly's 2720 User Manual and Bill's water heater and fridge intro documents).

If I were a TM dealer, I think I would just carry around a laptop with my potential buyers and key in their questions!

I'll be posting this weekend while on the road coming from SC back to DC. We're staying the first night in the Piedmont mtns of SC at Oconee State Park (ironically, the same state park I went camping as a child with my family in our Coleman pop-up). The next night we'll be staying at Natural Bridge KOA in the Jefferson National Forest.

Keep your fingers crossed for our safe journey home.

Again, a heartfelt thank you to all!
Randy
Old 09-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
mtnguy

Congratulations on your upcoming purchase.....I feel sure that you will be pleased with your TM, and enjoy many years of camping.

I agree that this forum is great. If I have a little problem with my TM, and haven't already read how to fix it, I will search for the proper fix, or put a question out there for others to get their ideas. Thank goodness I found this forum.

Chap
Old 09-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
Allen1124

Ditto what mtnguy said.

We have the same TM as yours and loving it.
Just remember when you get frustrated that there is no perfect RV.
They all have their pros and cons. There isn't any RV that appeals to everyone. You will love the many advantages of the TM.

Give me a call if you get stranded in VA.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
DC Randy

Thanks Allen!

I am looking foward to getting to know my TM. Coming from a childhood spent in a Coleman popup, and seeing my parents 5th wheel (good grief I could live in that!)...this is the PERFECT compromise. I won't be nervous about pulling it (VERY important). What wonderful features for a pop-up!! And I don't have to get rid of my Liberty.

If you see a blue Jeep Liberty towing a TM this weekend...make sure you give us a wave!!

Regards,
Randy
Old 09-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
larsdennert

Make sure your controller is working. You may get a fair amount of sag without a weight dist hitch or something to help but the Liberty should be pretty good for towing the 2720.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #6
UpAndDown

just curious? what type of deal are you getting to make it worth driving to South Carolina? Chesapeake RV is a lot closer, there prices didn't seem that bad to me?

http://www.chesapeakervsolutions.com...ake=TrailManor
Old 09-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #7
DC Randy

Yeah I checked them and an RV dealer in PA (much closer)...VA had good prices, but it wasn't as "loaded" as the one in SC. Plus my parents were in SC and are seasoned RV'ers, so it was comforting to have them along for the walk-through.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
Allen1124

You might also consider the 3-drawer dresser and stove cover options.
You may be able to get them shipped from the factory, if a dealer isn't convenient.
We replaced the 2720 we bought last Fall with an '08 2720SL like yours.
The 2720 is listed for sale on this site (if you know anyone the VA area looking for one).
Stop by sometime and enjoy the Shenandoah Valley..............
ENJOY!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #9
DC Randy

Thanks Allen.
We actually stayed at the KOA at Natural Bridge last Sunday on our way back to DC with our new toy. Great place.
Randy