TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
vogtman

Default Purchase Price and Black Water

I've really enjoyed this site and have just about decided to get a 2720SL. The couple of questions that I have are:

Realistically, what should I expect to pay for a new trailor vs MSRP?

I'm a little bit confused about the black water situation. How does one empty the black water hold? Is there a dump similar to other trailers, or do you have to remove it from inside?

If you get the microwave replacement for the oven, is it a combination unit or do you lose the normal oven functionality?

How does everyone feel about the three drawer cabinet in this unit, and do I have to give up something to use it?

I'm planning to go down and look at some units this weekend, but the dealership is a ways away and I'm trying to minimize my trips. I hope to have a lot of my decision made via my research and simply validate my plan when I get there. Maybe I'll even be a proud owner when I leave.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Old 05-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
CAmark
Site Sponsor

Vogtman,
We recently bought the 2720SL and as I recall the microwave option comes with a convection oven function as well. It was pointed out to use by our dealer that as long as you have electricity this is fine....but if no power, no oven. We chose to go with the standard gas oven and carry along a small microwave (about $50 at WalMart) for "electrified" cooking.
As for the cabinet, we found a similar one, though plastic, at Target for $30. This sits nicely beside the fridge when camping and slides between the sink/oven when traveling.
The other feature we opted out of at purchase time was the chair. With just two of us we did not want to use the floor space that way. We bring in a folding chair or two when we need the extra seating.
To expand on Leon's post -- the blackwater is stored in the toilet. When time to dump you hook up the hose outside, pull the valve on the toilet, then pull the valve on the outside. Then as Leon says, you pull the valve for the gray water dump, this flushes the blackwater out of the hose.
Good luck with your purchase, Mark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:52 AM   #3
live2shopnc

We got the micro/convection instead of the gas oven. We have been happy with it so far but we hardly camp without electricity. We also got the dresser and like the extra storage. We put the tv and DVD player on top of it. Also have the chair and like it also (store shoes in the space under it). This works well for us.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
sinjin

We got a 2006 2720sl this spring at a little over 82% of MSRP. I calculated this by adding the price of all the options that were included on the build a Trailmanor site to the baseline price then dividing that into what we actually paid.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

I saw the dealer cost when we bought our TM and retail was about a 30-35% markup over that so you can figure 15-25% off list is fair game. Considering that the dealer has to pay the sales person and spread their rent and other overhead over everything they sell, you are pushing them pretty close to losing money at 82%. TM's apparently catch on in some markets but not in others so after-year closeouts can sometimes be had. Some of the deals we have seen flown by dealers on this site for two-year old new trailers must represent an actual below-cost offering.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #6
vogtman

Thanks to everyone for their straight forward responses. I appreciate your insight, and appreciate this site even more.