TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
mrgoodwx

Default Axle location and Trailer valet

Hi folks. I haven't yet bought a TM as I've gotten sidetracked with other issues this summer. But...I haven't given up. I'm still interested in a used 2720.

One of my issues...is that I do not want to have to store it away from my house. So, I'm looking at a tight spot off the driveway and trying to figure out if I can make it work. This brings up two questions (maybe more than two but that's all I can think of right now)"

1. Can someone tell me the distance between the back of the TM and the axle position?

2. Has anyone used a trailer valet to move their TM around? If so...does it work well moving the tongue sideways?

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Dean Robinson

We squeeze our TM 3124KB into our garage with about 2 inches on each side to spare. To make it more of a challenge, we live on a hill so I have to back down the hill, and then turn into an uphill driveway that is too short to straighten up the tow vehicle.

The Trailer Valet attaches to the frame of my swing-away trailer. It can be folded up out of the way when traveling, or easily removed. It has really helped me position the trailer once I get the wheels inside the garage door. I can move the trailer to the right or left without much trouble, something that is painful to do with my tow vehicle. It appears to be well made and the gearing makes it easy to move the trailer. I particularly like the brake since I worry about the slope of my driveway.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
mrgoodwx

Thanks, Dean. The trailer valet sounds good to me. I think I'll go ahead and get one to use with my large pop-up then use it for the TM when I finally get one. I'll call the factory and find out the distance between the back of a 2720 and the axle...so I can figure out whether or not I can squeeze the TM into a tight spot of the yard I'm thinking about.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Center of axle to rear edge of bumper = 82 inches +/- 1 inch. Hope that helps.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
mrgoodwx

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, Bill...
Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
terryflats

I just received my Trailer Valet yesterday and it seems to work great on our 2011 2720sl. It seems like I have limited mounting options with the swingaway hitch though. Not crazy about that.

We just bought the preowned 2011 2720sl last week and are still learning now to adapt it to our storage space in the back yard of our community association controlled house. The TV gives us the precision maneuvering we need to stay out of sight. We are all about storing our RV on our lot. Tired of paying storage fees.

Scott

terryflats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #7
mrgoodwx

Scott...thanks for your report. I ordered a trailer valet yesterday from Gander Mountain. I'll try it on our heavy pop-up first. I'm still planning to buy a TM but really don't want to have to store it in some other location.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
Dstrand100

Default Trailer Valet

Do you have a report on how well the valet works? I'm interested in possibly purchasing one. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
Trailer_Tyler

Default Trailer Valet Rep

I apologize for reviving an old thread, but I am a Trailer Valet rep and I want to see how everything is going with our product. I also joined so that I may answer any questions regarding our products. I'm here to not only help, but to hear what you have to say about the Trailer Valet and how we can improve it.

Thanks
Tyler
Old 09-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Tyler - and everyone -

Tyler is a manufacturer's rep - i.e., salesman. A few days ago he approached Chris about permission to answer specific questions about his company's product, and Chris gave him a conditional OK. He does not have permission to revive old threads, to "see how everything is going", or to "hear what you have to say", so that he can improve his product, his sales figures, or any other reason. Most of those conversations are best conducted directly through his company's web site. He may have a very good product, and it might be a very good thing for TM owners, and if so, TM owners will spread the word, and his company will benefit.

If this seems rigid, please remember that there are thousands of RV products out there, and each manufacturer would like to build his sales by spotlighting his products here. I always suggest that these salesmen work the same way that the TrailManor Company itself does - watch the board, see the owners' likes and dislikes and problems and solutions, and use those observations to improve the product. No matter how politely the salesman does it, I am not willing to start this forum down any other road. The manufacturer's rep for Cheap Heat probably remembers this rule.

So if you have a specific question regarding his product, you can ask it here and he can answer it here. But advertising or general discussion, in whatever form, is still not a part of this board.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, dolly, moving, parking, valet