TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2003, 10:51 PM   #1
jbowen

Default Jack Daniels Beef Brisket

This is our favorite recipe and favorite camping meal.
I prepare it before we leave and then heat and serve when we are camping.
Medium size brisket (trim excess fat)
Marinade:
garlic salt
onion salt
celery salt
1 small bottle of Wrights liquid smoke
1 Cup of Jack Daniels (for the roast the rest of the bottle is for the chef)
1 bottle worchester sauce

2 Reynolds roasting bag
2 Disposable Tin Roasting pan

Liberally sprinkle both sides of the brisket with the garlic, onion and celery salt.
Place in roasting bag. Pour in Liquid Smoke, Jack Daniels and Worchester Sauce.
Seal Bag, place in tin roasting pan and let soak over night 6-12 hours. There is no need to turn the meat as long as it is completely covered by the marinade.
When you ar ready to cook the brisket, set the oven at 200* no more than 250*, cooking the meat low and slow is the secret. Discard the marinade from the bag and add your favorite barbecue sauce. If I have home made sauce I use it, if not I use Cattlemans.
Brisket size Sauce Bake
10-12 lbs 18 oz 10-12 hours
6-8 lbs 2 cups 6-8 hours
4-6 lbs 1 cup 4-5 hours
After you add the barbecue sauce, seal the bag with the tie or simply knot it. Place it in the disposable tin pan on the lower rack of the oven and forget about it. During the last hour of cooking, cook uncovered out of the bag. After the meat is cooked, slice it in 1/4" thick slices. Transfer the meat and the sauce to a new roasting bag, place in the disposable pan and wrap it in tin foil. It is easy to reheat in the oven, or over a fire. We use soft hoagie rolls to make sandwiches. The last time we were camping we served twenty people with a 10 lb. brisket.
Jim and Rozz
Old 04-07-2004, 05:53 PM   #2
SierraShadow

Default Re:Jack Daniels Beef Brisket

Holy Cow! One small bottle of Liquid Smoke. I don't care how small the bottle is, that stuff is potent. I usually pour a couple drops in my measuring cup, swish it around, invert it to drain excess, and add water. That is for my Kailua (Hawaiian BBQ) pork loin in the crock pot. However you have got me thinking about the Dutch oven thread and this receipe. I'll have to experiment and get back to you.