TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
moaboy

Smile Thanks Ed in Customer Service

Ed in customer service at the factory is great. He has patiently over the last two years answered a number of my questions, ones that I am sure he has answered many times. He also recently pitched in and helped me get an over the sink cabinet when I needed help with the parts department.
Thanks Ed. Your excellent service makes a good product even better.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
PopBeavers

Have you considered posting your question and answers here?

That way some newbie of the future won't have to call Ed, freeing up his time to building and improving TrailManors.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
moaboy

As good as this forum is, sometimes it's best to go to THE source, especially when it is a warranty issue. Besides, according to Ed, answering questions is his job.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Wavery
TrailManor Master

What PopBeavers was trying to get across is that the whole purpose of this forum is to share information with several hundred readers (not all viewers respond but most are TM owners or prospective owners).

There is a ton of information on this forum and hundreds of years of hands on experience. Each question asked, adds to that base of knowledge. No offense to Ed but the combined knowledge and practical experience on this forum dwarfs what Ed could possibly retain.

If more people would take advantage of the willing resources on this forum, that would free up Ed to be more productive to TM. It would also give that person the opportunity to be a part of our ever expanding knowledge base. When one finds an answer here he helps a multitude of others at the same time.

For every question that a newbie asks, there are a hundred people out there that may gain from the answer.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
moaboy

If you'll note the title of this thread is "Feedback to TrailManor." That is exactly what I provided. It kinda a sad day, when one can't acknowledge and thank someone for a job "well done." And with all due respect, there are many posts on here where there is a difference of opinion, and Ed as THE factory rep very well may have information and knowledge that no one else on this forum has. Lastly, I don't think anyone on this forum is in a postion to judge Ed's productivity.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
If you'll note the title of this thread is "Feedback to TrailManor." That is exactly what I provided. It kinda a sad day, when one can't acknowledge and thank someone for a job "well done." And with all due respect, there are many posts on here where there is a difference of opinion, and Ed as THE factory rep very well may have information and knowledge that no one else on this forum has. Lastly, I don't think anyone on this forum is in a postion to judge Ed's productivity.
I will put in a different way Diplomatically & also very bluntly.

1. No one was really trying to say anything bad about ED but they was really trying to say was if you shared the whole experience including the Questions & answers it could help others who may not for what ever reason not even try to contact Ed.

2. You are not a frequent posting contributor so you may not realize that TM does in-fact listen to people on this board. Suggestion: don't be so sensitive the Guys were just trying to let you know this board is here to help with anything to do with our TMs in warranty or out of warranty.

I can also say I have received more real help from this community than I have ever received from TM corporate.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
We all think that it is important to give Ed the recognition that he deserves and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to do so. I don't think that anyone was "Judging" his productivity. However, it must be obvious that if he weren't on the phone answering the same questions "many times" that time might be better spent doing other things. It's obvious that Ed is a valuable asset. No one here (that I know of) has ever tried to diminish that.

This is the comment that we thought might be helpful to address....."He has patiently over the last two years answered a number of my questions, ones that I am sure he has answered many times.".

Our point is, this forum has been helpful to many, many TM owners. Each question that is raised on here brings answers to several other owners that have the same question. Often times, people will just do a "Search" on the archives and come-up with the answer to a question without having to call TM.

You are free to do as you wish, our hope is that you might become part of our helpful community by asking and answering questions here. We would even appreciate knowing what kinds of things Ed has helped you with (obviously there have been many). The tips that Ed offered you could be shared here and may help many. There have been some occasions when people received helpful advise from TM employees and shared that advise here and it has helped many.

No one was trying to disrespect you or Ed. I'm sorry if it came off that way.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post

Our point is, this forum has been helpful to many, many TM owners. Each question that is raised on here brings answers to several other owners that have the same question. Often times, people will just do a "Search" on the archives and come-up with the answer to a question without having to call TM.
I frequently get either email or private messages with various questions. I almost always answer them, but I encourage them to post the questions here for exactly this reason.

At a west coast rally last year, a newbie asked where to look for answers to various questions. They were referred to here (TMO). They even said that all they had to do was read my posts, while pointing at me, because they would learn a lot in a few hours.

I corrected them. I dared them to read all 2,258 of my posts in even a day.

I may not always be helpful or accurate, but I do claim to be prolific.

Please share the love.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
moaboy

Thanks for all the constructive suggestions. I do enjoy this forum and certainly get my monies worth. It's half the fun of owning a TM.
As I indicated in my first post I was 1. thanking Ed generally- as has been noted on many previous posts often times participants just bring problems and complaints to the forum in their efforts to get them addressed. I just wanted to add a positive comment as well.
2. Thanking him specifically for helping me get a cabinet from the factory.

Since hierarchy seems so important to some on this forum, please clarify what makes somebody a newbie? Is it simply how many posts they have or how long they have been on the forum? What about their overall knowledge of RVing or interest in the great Outdoors? And what is the next rank up? Is someone relegated to that classification just because they do not "post frequently?" Some would make it sound like it's a competition. I hope it's not. I appreciate PopBeavers who at least admits he "may not be helpful or accurate, but at lest he claims to be prolific"! Sounds like he is having fun and helping others as many of the moderators on this forum certainly do.
A suggestion: in our effort to make sure Ed has plenty of time to do the more important tasks at TM, perhaps TM and TM dealers could better market this forum as a resource, so all of us "newbies" use it and do so properly.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Hm interesting way of thinking about things. IMO we are all in some ways newbies since none of us can learn all there is to know about TMs.

You will also notice there aren't ranks here really the more you get to know people here. If you was to post more you would find some very friendly & helpful people seriously.

I have spent hours reading past post & learned tons & have tons more to learn although I now have a new toy to learn about: 21' Ebbtide

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote