TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #21
Brifla

Thanks Tim and rvcycleguy for the quick replies!
Propane - So should I just open the tank that I'm drawing from or is there a reason to open both when setting up camp?

Bed - Yes, I meant to say the queen bed in REAR doesn't have velcro flaps.

Radio - So the Trailmanor is prewired all the way to that space above the fridge? I know that's where they install the radio but I don't want to pop off the cover plate that's attached there if the wiring isn't behind it.

Adaptor - Sounds like I need a 110V-30A adaptor at a minimum right now.

Tires - I think I have Discount Tires or something similar near home. Will contact them about new tires. Do they also repack bearings at these places. Would like to get it all done at once, if possible and not significantly more $.

Water hookup - I also saw an inline RV water filter at Walmart that connects to the hose. Do TM owners recommend this type of filter? Does it connect between hose and TM fitting?
Old 01-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #22
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Brifla. I also recommend that you get a 30 to 15 adapter like this:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-adapter/24494

And a AC outlet tester that will plug into it(usually at hardware stores-maybe Walmart):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Receptacle_tester

I use this combination to test the campsite 30a plugin for proper operation before I connect the 30a TM power cord to it.

So far, have only found one campsite with a problem -- no ground.

I added a voltmeter to my tester(only since i had one handy):

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...8&postcount=12

Tim
Old 01-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #23
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Propane- Yes, make sure the directional switch is pointing to the proper tank and open that tank.

Bed- same as my 3124. The velcro flaps on the front are part of the sliding roof system for that half. Not necessary on the rear. Others here use the noodles for a more airtight seal.

Radio- yes, the pre-wiring should be behind the cover unless someone has removed it, but highly unlikely.

Tires and Lube- Good question. Not sure if DC does lube work on axles. Ask?

Water Hook-up. Water filter can be palced on either end, meaning at the TM end or the water source end. Some parks will utilize a well system which should be filtered prior to drinking or cooking with it.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #24
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brifla View Post
.........................snip

Tires - I think I have Discount Tires or something similar near home. Will contact them about new tires. Do they also repack bearings at these places. Would like to get it all done at once, if possible and not significantly more $.
Who ever you get to do your tire and bearing work DONOT let them use a floor jack under the axle . The TM has to be jacked at the frame near the tires to prevent axle damage. If they argue and say they do it all the time go somewhere else. This is in both the Dexter axle manual and the TM owners manual.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #25
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

There is a little more to the tank selector valve than the previous post indicates. It also can switch to the 2nd tank automatically when the first tank depletes, which is very nice if you are using heat in the middle of the night. This post tries to explain it: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...55&postcount=5
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #26
klv5920

If you go to the first area of this Forum, "Trail Manor information you won't find anywhere else", you will find answers to almost all of your questions. And you will also find manuels that cover just about everything for your TM. Even though the TM model numbers are different, most of the appliances are the same and these manuels offer the information you need.
There is so much info on this forum. It takes days to read it all!! And if you have a printer, I suggest you print out as much as you can and put it in a notebook for future reference. And be sure you keep it with you in your TV!! Ya never know when you will need it!
Karen
Old 02-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #27
Beak12

Brian, I might have missed it and you have already been advised to Join the Forum. Because you are only a Trial Member you will only have a limited time to view all parts of the Forum.

PS: I think the price is only about $12.00 per year.