TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Debian Dog

Smile Hauling the TM with my Minivan first time

I was getting questions via PM's about how my Trail Manor tows with my Minivan so I figured I would post up the first time I hauled it around.

It was not a "super long" trip but it was 2 hours of solid driving on different roads (mostly highway). The only thing I have ever hauled around before (of significant weight) is my 17' Searay (boat) and I had that some years ago.

My Minivan (2006 Quest) gets about 24 miles to the gallon normal highway driving and we pulled the TrailManor from Chesapeake, VA (almost North Carolina) to Chester, VA. (115 miles) No problems! and... when I was not paying attention I did exceed 70 MPH. People told me I would forget it was back there... and I did. I hesitated to use the cruise control because people said "it was bad" but I have no idea why it would be. But I would like to use it to keep my spped down. My foot does not seem to be calibrated right.

We did need to add an Equalizer hitch to get the minivan to sit right but I do feel better about BIG trucks passing me. As a matter of fact, the first time it happened I did not think about it... till after... at first I thought, "Dang! He is flying in that rig".

The trip was uneventful and we managed a respectable 16.7 MPG with overdrive disengaged. I am still not sure if I am on a relative flat highway if it is "safe" for the transmission to let it go into overdrive. Thoughts?

Anyway when the company says "Trailmanor tows like a dream" they mean it.