TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2004, 03:08 PM   #11
camperboy

Default Re:Anyone using a Jeep Liberty as a TM TV?

rickalex-
I'm sure you've read my earlier post on this topic. It is my opinion that the Liberty is too small a TV for serious towing. For local towing in flat or relatively flat topography it might prove satisfactory, but ... see other posts, esp. those by RockyMtnRay. He has excellent information posted on the board which is very applicable to the Liberty. I believe that either the Explorer V-8 or the Trailblazer would be somewhat more appropriate a TV. Remember that not everything that makes a good TV is in the rated amount of weight that it can tow. Factors like wheelbase, weight, brakes, suspension, GVWR, and GCVR are just as important. With any of the TVs your considering a WDH will make things more pleasureable.

Camperboy
Old 04-06-2004, 04:34 PM   #12
jniles

Default Re:Anyone using a Jeep Liberty as a TM TV?

I don't have an agenda but did sell Ford products so have a bias toward them. I do own one and the Jeep which only has a #5,000 tow rating and yours will have #5,600. Mine works great as a TV and I tend to run too fast, usually 70-75 mph. We have mountains in the east and south however the altitude is low and we do ok but just ok (more like 50-60mph). This set up is not good for the Rockies or the Apps for that matter but for what we do most of the time it is just fine for the flat land and your Liberty will do just as well as long as you recognize it's limitations. Get the WDH these little vehicles need it and it always rides better even with those TV's that don't need it.. I also use sway control but it can mask a problem if you don't know what your doing loading the unit and it also makes the ride better but the tight turns terrible.