TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
Frank777

Default Installing rain cover over fan vent

Has anyone installed a rain cover over their fan vent.

Any problems installing it?

The Maxx Air vent attaches to the fan frame itself so there is no screwing into the roof.

Thanks, Frank
Old 06-28-2007, 07:08 AM   #2
ragmopp

If you are referring to the Fantastic Fan, the manufacturer states that isn't a good idea. I quote: 'Never place a Maxxair style cover over, or filter on ceiling fan. Greatly restricted airflow & increased sound levels will occur'. I was thinking on something like that myself, but I won't do it now.

Mike Anderson
Old 06-28-2007, 07:55 AM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmopp View Post
If you are referring to the Fantastic Fan, the manufacturer states that isn't a good idea. I quote: 'Never place a Maxxair style cover over, or filter on ceiling fan. Greatly restricted airflow & increased sound levels will occur'. I was thinking on something like that myself, but I won't do it now.

Mike Anderson
I have a MaxxAir Fan/Mate cover over the Fantastic Fan. It does not restrict the air flow or cause increased sound levels. I think that the manufacturer's reference is to a MaxxAir Roof Vent cover.

Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
evans27292

i installed low profile vent covers from camping world on all three vents.the manufacture state ok for fantastic fans. this is my 2nd tm i have installed on, no problems at all .they help with outside air when it is raining and cooking inside to remove cooking odors.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
ragmopp

I have a MaxxAir Fan/Mate cover over the Fantastic Fan. It does not restrict the air flow or cause increased sound levels. I think that the manufacturer's reference is to a MaxxAir Roof Vent cover.

Mike,

What is the difference?

Mike Anderson
Old 07-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Mike,

Take a look at these item descriptions from Camping World. You can see the air flow restriction for the roof vent cover.

MaxxAir Fan/Mate Ceiling-Fan/Vent-Cover:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...r/skunum=13655

MaxxAir Roof Vent Cover:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...r/skunum=10939

Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
ragmopp

Thanks a lot Mike, I see the difference.. The manual must have been talking about the cheaper one...

Mike Anderson
Old 07-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #8
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Has anyone installed a rain cover over their fan vent.

The Maxx Air vent attaches to the fan frame itself so there is no screwing into the roof.
Frank,
I no longer own a TM, but the current trailer had 3 roof/ceiling vents. The bathroom was the only one with a fan... the little cheap one. I replaced that with a Fantastic Fan, and added a Fantastic Fan to the kitchen. I did not put a fan over the bed. I did put Aero-Flo Roof Vent Covers over all 3 of them so we can keep the vents open, fans going when it rains.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/p...er/prodID=4079

I chose the Aero-Flo because the vented side slants inward keeping the rain from coming or blowing in. As with Maxx Air, the vent cover attaches to the fan/vent frame, so there is no drilling into the roof.

As long as the vent on your TM is mounted on the front half, or far enough back to avoid the front cover, there is no reason you can't add a vent cover. You'll enjoy the added convenience.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #9
Frank777

Default Thanks

Thanks all for the input.

Mine is on order.
I'll let you know how it goes.

We're off to The Tent Rocks this weekend.

God bless, Frank
Old 02-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #10
Michoshisho

Greetings campers! I wanted to bring this older thread to the forefront and see if anyone has any new ideas. I would love to be able to add rain covers to the vents an fantastic fan in my TM. I seem to somehow pick rainy weekends for my camping adventures. Go figure. Anyway, as was noted in a similar thread regarding MaxxAir vent covers, the TM vents are not flush with the roof. They sit atop a built up area on the roof, making the installation a little trickey So....I would like to throw this out there again. Do any of you have rain covers over your vents/fan? If so, what brands did you use, and did you have to do any tweeks or mods to get a proper fit? Looking for successes as well as failures. Thanks in advance for your time.