TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Elidh11

Default 2012 Trailmanor 2417

A new (?) 2012 model? I dont see this on the Trailmanor website. Wish there was a floorplan.

http://www.thecarshowinc.com/exotic-...eHistory=true#
Old 10-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
M&M Hokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elidh11 View Post
A new (?) 2012 model? I dont see this on the Trailmanor website. Wish there was a floorplan.

Based upon the pictures and a little brainstorming, it would appear to be like a 2720 without a bathroom. The cook top is removable a la the "microwave drawer" featured in many models. On the plus side, it does have two outside storage compartments.

It probably is very lightweight and tows like a dream. It would also sleep 6 but bathe 0.

When folded, I estimate that the two beds are less than 2 feet apart.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
happybeebob

Default New TM

Quote:

Just looking at the pictures it seems like they dropped the restroom,wardrobe and front window.Also looks like an ice box as no controls are showing.Maybe just shore power as I don't see a battery box either.Looks like a propane furnace at least as a thermostat is showing.Kind of like a back to basics trailer good for a few days camping at the coast or up at the lakes.Something I would be interested in but not at the cost.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Elidh11

Sorry, but I insist on a toilet and shower!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
bfezel

I think we see more evidence of TM's "reorganization" problems...too may models and too high-priced. It seems to me that they are floundering in trying to figure out what they want to do. It would be better to have fewer models and do them well than to offer so many variables not done well. Limiting models would also reduce manufacturing costs and give an opportunity for increased quality control.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #6
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

I agree on the too many models thing. TM just came out with those two "Sport" models that are quite an interesting concept to go up against the A-Liner models. So to come out with a 2417 model in addition to the two Sport models, that seems like a little much. Sometimes I can go along with a manufacturer that has many models as long as they are smart about it and have identical parts from model to model so that inventory can be managed.

I found a TrailManor 2000 brochure that I have been meaning to scan for everyone's enjoyment. That brochure had quite a few models back then.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
Redhawk

Sorry, but that's just plain silly. You could only save about $15,000 by buying an older model and stripping it. If that's what you want.

They must have made something like this in the past, there's a TM stored beside mine at the storage place that the owner told me it came with no bath or toilet. Not sure about stoves and frig.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
TMJeff

Quote:

FYI, the 2417 Sport has an option for a wet bath with a cassette toilet. Also, the fridge is a 3-way. The stove top is a handy indoor/outdoor unit. It has a rear king bed and a front full size bed.

Apprx. Dry Weight 2150 lbs.
Hitch Weight 295 ibs.
Towing Length 17'9"
Open Length 21'6"
Width 7'1"

Jeff
Old 01-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
CampingFools

Default 2417 purchase on the horion

We have been hoping TM would make a slightly smaller model than the 2619, and the 2417 appears to mark all the check boxes for us. We've been hemming and hawing for about two weeks, but it looks like we'll be placing our order come Monday.

We are happy popup owners currently, but are in need of a more weather sturdy unit now that we are newly retired and preparing to spend considerably more time out on the road with our rig. Our current popup has served our needs well for many years, but we'll be needing more convenience in inclement weather than it currently provides. We'd also like to be able to set up and break down more quickly since the majority of our trips will now be multi-leg, multi-week ones. And no more having to hand roll up the awning, hallelujah! We also want to be able to continue to garage store, and we want to stay in the same 2100 lb dry weight range, which makes the 2417 Sport perfect for us. (We'll actually gain two feet of our garage back because of the swing arm option we'll be having added.)

We are very happy with the King Bed option, and will be ordering the unit with the shower/cassette toilet option in place of the standard cabinet option. The huge back end storage compartment is another big plus on this unit as well.

Would prefer to purchase used, however, this is exactly what we'd been hoping TM would produce at some point (we found the two Sport Deck models felt a bit tight inside, while the 2417 Sport feels airy), and we plan/hope to own it for at least 10 years, so we'll suck it up and purchase new in order to get exactly what we've been waiting for.