TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
T. D. Evans

Default Closing the camper

Hello, all ....

I am brand new to the fourm. I just purcahsed a used (1991) Trailmanor 2619 and am very pleased with it thus far. However, I have great difficulty getting the top to go down and latch. It requires a strap and ratchet to avoid a hernia! I thought there might just be some adjustment possible, lubircation, etc., but I was advised by technical folks at the factory that no adjustment is possible. It appears to be in some kind of bind?? The sides of the top part seem to be flared out a bit and do not align with the side latches. Any help would be greatly appreciated... since it is virtually impossible to close it down without great difficulty.

By the way, I have checked carefully to see if there any obstrutions and have found none that would prevent proper closing
Old 04-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
T. D. Evans

Default closing trailmanor

Thanks! Will try the suggestions. I did talk to Ed last week, but may give him another call after I try these ideas.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:37 AM   #3
sir1doc

I too just purchased a 1991 TM26 and had a similar problem the first time I closed it alone. I found that the problem was getting the front low enough equally to be able to latch. one side was too high and I couldn't do it no matter which side I tried and I am a pretty big guy. After wrestling a bit I decided to simply stand on the tounge and push down on the front center of the shell. Once I did this, it latched easily because the bars held it down better. Just getting it down level was my problem. I hope this helps. of course with a second person on the other side, It closed easier. I also used a little lithium spray lube on all of the parts that look like the swivel and move since mine had been garaged by the previous owner for a while.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
sir1doc

Thanks Texas
I'm new here too but just noticed I posted twice, wonder what I did...haha the wifes says I talk too much and now I type too much too!

T.D.
mine was stored in the open position in a pole barn. Ed at TM says if possible storing open can be good as the TM's lift is in the relaxed position with minimal tension. That also could explain my difficulty and maybe yours too.