TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2004, 06:28 PM   #1
Factor

Default Door

We just purchased a 3023 from Danny's Campers and guess we will have to call him and trialmanor tomorrow.

My wife mentioned that the door didn't seems to be closing properly. Danny said it was common to this type of door so we left and drove home (550 miles)

In the five days travelling, the door kept getting worse. When you close the door the bottem half moves forward about 1" past the top door making it impossible to close unless you reef the lover door back.

What happens is - the lover door comes out of the clip at its back. To close the door, it must be shoved back with some force. The two doors are held by this metal clip at the back and another white butterfly clip on the inside towards the locks. The clip is attached to the top half of the door and swings down over the lower half.

It seems to me there should be at least two white clips one at the back towards the hinge and the other one described. How may white butterfly type clips are on your door.

This is not an acceptable situation. Have others experienced this problem and what was your solution.
I'll let you know what the company says.

John & Marie
Old 07-25-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
Windbreaker

Default Re:Door

TC is right but it could also be that you got one of those weak clips others have reported here. We have to really wack ours to get it to disengage.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:13 AM   #3
armistjb

John & Marie:

Congratulations on your purchase. I don't know if yours is the first one in Canada but you and I seem to be the only Canadians registered on the site. I am still looking though also considereing others.

I hope you get the door problems solved with all the good advice on this site.

John

Old 07-27-2004, 04:00 PM   #4
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

[quote author=Factor link=board=22;threadid=2172;start=msg15057#msg1505 7 date=1090801719]
We just purchased a 3023 from Danny's Campers and guess we will have to call him and trialmanor tomorrow.

My wife mentioned that the door didn't seems to be closing properly. Danny said it was common to this type of door so we left and drove home (550 miles)

In the five days travelling, the door kept getting worse. When you close the door the bottem half moves forward about 1" past the top door making it impossible to close unless you reef the lover door back.

What happens is - the lover door comes out of the clip at its back. To close the door, it must be shoved back with some force. The two doors are held by this metal clip at the back and another white butterfly clip on the inside towards the locks. The clip is attached to the top half of the door and swings down over the lower half.

It seems to me there should be at least two white clips one at the back towards the hinge and the other one described. How may white butterfly type clips are on your door.

This is not an acceptable situation. Have others experienced this problem and what was your solution.
I'll let you know what the company says.

John & Marie
[/quote]

Hi,

I have the same problems with the door clip on our 2004 2720SL. I am on my third clip and it didn't even last the weekend. At first I thought I was causing the problem in the way I was leveling with the scissor jacks, but the same thing is happening even without using the jacks while sitting in the driveway, leveled using only levelers under the low side tire.

My first clip failed while the dealer was conducting their initial walk thru with us. He replaced the clip while we waited and gave me an extra one "just in case" it happened again.

Other than this problem, we have only minor issues which we will have resolved later this summer by the dealer.
wesslvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:28 PM   #5
Factor

Ok - the door is now pathetic and causing lots of problems.
I assembled as the book says, but now it just comes away from the clip. I have not called the factory yet, but, will get around to it tomorrow.
I believe that the spring clip should be modified and there should be two white clips, one on each side of the inside of the door instead of one.
John
Old 07-28-2004, 07:02 PM   #6
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

John,

The factory now has a toll free number. It's 800-707-7061.
Just call them, and I am sure Ed will be a lot of help & get your problem solved.

BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 05:33 PM   #7
Factor

Ok, tks. for responses. TM and Dealer contacted. Both willing to send new spring clips. In the interim, I took the one on the TM off and put it in the vice to clamp it and the door works fine for now. Still think there should be two white clips on each side of the inside of the door.
John
Old 07-29-2004, 07:24 PM   #8
ccc6588

You have a picture of what you have done. I have the same problem.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:47 PM   #9
Factor

No, I don't have a picture, but, I just removed the two screws and then took the metal clip off and put it in the vice and clamped it quite a bit. Actually a pair of vice grips would do the trick. This is just a temp solution. Ed at TM said that the temper must have weaken on the clip.

Actually, I hate to harp on it, but, it doesn't take an engineer to decide that the door needs modification and that two white turn buttoms on each side (inside) of the door would be better. Ed at TM said, they always just put one button on it. I may eventually put two, but, it requires drilling a /4" hole through the door.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:48 PM   #10
Factor

Sorry that's a 1/4" hole