TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > For Sale Section > TrailManors Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2022, 12:26 PM   #1
SuperYooper

Default Looking for a slide out TM

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this. I have a tentative compromise with my wife on a new camper as she is not a huge fan of the non air-conditioned canvas pop up we currently have. She desires a hard sided camper but I absolutely refuse to purchase one of those wind walls that reduces your mileage to gallons per mile. We have kids but they are getting older and will either be leaving the nest or not want to go camping as much. I read the stickynote at the beginning, so lets get that stuff out of the way first:
  1. What are you looking for/what has caught your eye?
    TM's with a slide out. Length isn't a huge deal to me but I really don't want beds on either side since the kids aren't going to be with us that often. Its not like the couches don't turn into beds anyway.
  2. Where are you and how far are you willing to travel?
    It would be super nice if I didn't have to drive 2000 miles to get one. Yoopers are pretty used to having to drive to get things though. Great Lakes states would be preferred, Tennessee/Missouri would be about the longest line I could really see myself going. We are traveling to New England in June so I could make an exception for that trip.
  3. What are you willing to spend?
    10-15k is right in my wheelhouse...I wouldn't be opposed to less of course.
  4. What is the best way to get in touch with you?
    Email would be great. [email protected]
  5. Do you have any special requests?
    Lighter interiors, like the tan colors you see on some of the couches and such, are less desirable. Also, no smoking infused smells please.

I've seen in other threads an ask about my TV...no worries, I have a Tundra that can pull just about anything. Pulling trailers and campers is done quite a bit in the UP, so I'm pretty adept at it.

Again, thank you for reading and if I have missed something, please let me know in the comments. Hopefully this forum comes through for me!
SuperYooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 01:03 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Hey, I'm a Yooper, too. Born in Ramsay, near Ironwood, back in the day when M-28 was gravel all the way across from the Soo.

Re TM's with a slide out. I think you mean TMs that used to have an "SL" suffix, like 2720SL, or "SD" suffix, but now have a "QS" or "QD" suffix, like 2720QS or 2720QD. They have a couch or dinette on a front slide, where the "QB" has a bed in front. If i am wrong, please correct me. This suffix change can be confusing.

As for anything you might have missed, you might go to the Trailmanor.com web site, quickly scan the options list, and see if there are any "must have" or "must not have" items. Today's list won't be totally applicable, but is reasonably stable with time. If you are really detail-oriented, you could look at the site in 2010 or so by using the Wayback Machine (www.archive.org). I think of the swing tongue in particular, which was an option for a long time.

Good luck with your quest. The UP would be a wonderful place to have a TM. During our travels, we've run into a couple folks who run lodges right on the south shore of the Lake.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:38 PM   #3
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself here. I am a Looper troll. Born in the lower peninsula, under the bridge in Detroit. Welcome to the forum. Now back to your regular discussion.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:30 AM   #4
SuperYooper

Quote:
Hey, I'm a Yooper, too. Born in Ramsay, near Ironwood, back in the day when M-28 was gravel all the way across from the Soo.
Well hey there fellow Yooper. 28 has gotten a lot better since those early days but the Seney Stretch still feels like you've driven across North Dakota twice.

Quote:
Re TM's with a slide out. I think you mean TMs that used to have an "SL" suffix, like 2720SL, but now have a "QS" suffix, like 2720QS. They have a couch on a front slide, which is a great setup for two people. The SD/QD series has a dinette in front. If i am wrong, please correct me. This change confuses a lot of people.
Yup, that is what I mean. I am not picky about the setup of the front as I can see benefits to both. I am also open to either the Q or K...as long as there isn't a bed on that side I'm in for discussion.

Quote:
As for anything you might have missed, you might go to the Trailmanor.com web site, quickly scan the options list, and see if there are any "must have" or "must not have" items. Today's list won't be totally applicable, but is reasonably stable with time. If you are really detail-oriented, you could look at the site in 2010 or so by using the Wayback Machine (www.archive.org). I think of the swing tongue in particular, which was an option for a long time.
The options that I really cared about are the slide in the front instead of the bed. Swing tongue and such would be nice to have but the options are totally not deal breakers. My wife is requiring a AC unit but most of them already come with that.

Quote:
Good luck with your quest. The UP would be a wonderful place to have a TM. During our travels, we've run into a couple folks who run lodges right on the south shore of the Lake.

Bill
We love camping in the UP. Our favorite location is Lake Fannyhoe up in Copper Harbor...about 10 miles away your cell phone drops connection so there aren't any distractions from enjoying all the scenery around you. Thanks for the reply Bill!
Old 04-05-2022, 06:33 AM   #5
SuperYooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Sorry, but I couldn't help myself here. I am a Looper troll. Born in the lower peninsula, under the bridge in Detroit. Welcome to the forum. Now back to your regular discussion.
Hey there, thanks for replying. I've got plenty of family in the the Detroit metro area so I'm quite familiar. Hopefully you get up to the UP for camping during our couple weeks of summer!
Old 04-05-2022, 02:47 PM   #6
SuperYooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Re TM's with a slide out. I think you mean TMs that used to have an "SL" suffix, like 2720SL, but now have a "QS" suffix, like 2720QS. They have a couch on a front slide, which is a great setup for two people. The SD/QD series has a dinette in front. If i am wrong, please correct me. This change confuses a lot of people.

Bill
Hi Bill, thanks for the reply. 28 sure hasn't gotten any shorter and the Seney Stretch is still like driving across North Dakota twice.

As for options and slides, I really want to keep an open mind about what is available. I have no interest in a bed on that side, hence the slide, but I'm open as to the layout. Same goes for additional options. A swing tongue would be nice to have but I can work around it. Clean, well kept and AC were the most important things. I'm even good with either a Q or K.

My favorite place to camp in the UP is Lake Fannyhoe up in Copper Harbor. About 10 miles before you reach there your cell signal goes away and the temps during the summer are real pleasant.
Old 04-12-2022, 08:16 AM   #7
Dreyfus9

Good Morning,

Don't know if you've found your TM yet but I'm reaching out in case you haven't. We are deciding to sell ours. I have no pictures yet since we've only just decided to sell but I'll post some if you're interested. The down side is we live in Naples Florida so you would be in for a drive if you were interested. Ours is a 2009 2720 queen bed on one side couch on the other (and a recliner). We've owned ours since 2017. It is well maintained and we did a number of upgrades. I made all new curtains, we put in a new air conditioner, a Sealand toilet, (the turd tumbler was a deal breaker for me) we installed the lift kit so we could get 15" rims and new D rated tires. The queen mattress is a 5" memory foam and we got all of this stuff in 2017 when we bought it. There are a few cosmetic upgrades created by my husband which add counter space too. We mostly used it to be snowbirds in Ft Myers Beach and lived in it from October to April in the same camp site. We bought a house in 2019 (Naples) and when Covid hit we had nowhere to go for over a year. Long story short we've recently decided that it's simply time now to sell. Our asking price will be $11,000. As I said, we haven't actually listed it yet and I think that's where I can put pictures. If you're interested send me an email: [email protected]
Dreyfus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 11:56 AM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Where are you located?
Old 04-13-2022, 11:18 AM   #9
SuperYooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyfus9 View Post
Good Morning,

Don't know if you've found your TM yet but I'm reaching out in case you haven't. We are deciding to sell ours. I have no pictures yet since we've only just decided to sell but I'll post some if you're interested. The down side is we live in Naples Florida so you would be in for a drive if you were interested. Ours is a 2009 2720 queen bed on one side couch on the other (and a recliner). We've owned ours since 2017. It is well maintained and we did a number of upgrades. I made all new curtains, we put in a new air conditioner, a Sealand toilet, (the turd tumbler was a deal breaker for me) we installed the lift kit so we could get 15" rims and new D rated tires. The queen mattress is a 5" memory foam and we got all of this stuff in 2017 when we bought it. There are a few cosmetic upgrades created by my husband which add counter space too. We mostly used it to be snowbirds in Ft Myers Beach and lived in it from October to April in the same camp site. We bought a house in 2019 (Naples) and when Covid hit we had nowhere to go for over a year. Long story short we've recently decided that it's simply time now to sell. Our asking price will be $11,000. As I said, we haven't actually listed it yet and I think that's where I can put pictures. If you're interested send me an email: [email protected]
Hi! I have not yet found a TM yet, so I am interested! I'll send you an email to check it out. How far is Naples from The Villages? I have a family member that lives there. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2022, 11:22 AM   #10
SuperYooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
Where are you located?
I'm located in the Marquette area. About as far north as you can get without getting your feet wet. Or cold because we still have snow on the ground. Or icy since there is still ice on the lake.

Fun fact, Marquette has its own climate compared to other costal locations along Superior. We stay warmer than the interior of the UP but we don't usually get as much snow because the Keweenaw acts as a blocker for lake effect snow. We average around 80" of snow compared to 2x more for Ishpeming. Keweenaw can get up to 300" a year...I couldn't handle that.

Tags
slide, slide out