TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tips and Tricks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
AZJeff

Default Recommended tips and tricks for a new 2014 3124KB maiden voyage?

Hello to everybody on this forum. I just purchased a new 2014 TRAILMANOR 3124KB yesterday, and I wanted to say a *BIG* thank you to everybody who posts in this forum. So many of my questions were answered on this site, and this is my first camper.

I have 2 young daughters who love camping and they think this thing is just like a Toy Transformer and how fun it is to set up and take down. And with me being a complete newbie to camping trailers, I think I made the best decision choosing a Trailmanor: I can pull it behind my SUV (soon to get a truck), store it in my garage or on the side of my house without getting hassled by my HOA, Air Conditioning and Heat! (We only tent camped before, and my daughters were troopers and never complained.) The King Bed in this thing is so comfortable and fantastic for me being a tall guy. Love how much room this thing has and how easy it is to put up and down. The LED lights are fantastic! My little ladies can have fun exploring the forest and also have a save warm place to sit and plug in their iPads to play Minecraft if it is raining. Almost went with a Coleman-Style Popup at first until I found this site. So, really - thank you thank you thank you!

Now off to read more on this forum about some necessary and unnecessary upgrades/tips-tricks based on the experience and wonderfully-helpful advice of all of you. I am still reading all of the posts on the recirculating Thetford toilet that I have, and how to make sure we don't end up with a stinky maiden voyage experience. Feel free to let me know any of your own favorite suggestions regarding anything to make our first trip (next month) the best it can be. We are boondocking first with no hookups and no outhouses.

Jeff
AZJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

Jeff,
Welcome to the forum. I know you will love camping with your daughters in your Trailmanor. My little tidbit to a first time owner. Do everything slow and double check every step when you hook up, unhook, set up and take down. It is very easy to overlook a step: ie, forget to close bathroom or take down closet when taking down. After a few runs, everything will fall right into place. We have all made some pretty amazing rookie mistakes.
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #3
moaboy

Yes, go slow and if something does not work usually it means one forgot to do something, so don't force anything. Example- at times I would start to push down my rear shell and it would not want to collapse. And then I'd look at my door and oh yea dummy I forgot to collapse the door....
Keep reading here as I have found that chances are if something happens out on the road you very well may have already read about it on the forum.
Good luck and enjoy!
Old 08-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
MT Camper

So good to hear you are happy with your purchase. I had a pop up with shower, toilet, etc. and am so glad I upgraded to a TM. A lot less put up and take down work to do and hard sided is so much better, for me anyway . I think you made a great choice. I posted my solution to the recirculating toilet under plumbing. Each person has their own thoughts/changes on this.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

jeff
hello and welcome,,
still the best 12 dollars I ever spent, like others said ,
just take your time and you be an old pro in no time at all,

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
Chilean

Smile

Hi and welcome to the Trailmanors Owner.
Best regards from Chile
Chilean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Hey Jeff, I'm a TM newbie and went on my maiden voyage a little over a week ago. One thing I did after buying my TM was do a lot of reading/asking questions on this forum and then I created my own checklist of how to do everything. That took some stress out of the first trip for me (I was doing everything by myself as my two dogs weren't much help). I've never had a travel trailer before and all the camping my ex and I did was tent camping.

Anyway, I found having a checklist for everthing helped. I still made some mistakes... Worst one was getting in a hurry backing TM into my driveway and failing to negotiate the retaining wall

But, I'm learning from my mistakes and looking forward to my next trip the end of this month.

Hope you have a great maiden voyage!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote