TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2023, 07:26 AM   #1
FlyboyTR

Default Telescoping Ladder For Roof Cleaning or Inspection

In preparation for our Christmas ski trip and camping adventure, we wanted a telescoping ladder so we could easily access the roof of the Trailmanor for snow removal. Plus, it will be very handy to use for cleaning the roof before closing up at the end of the camping trip. We all know what happens to all the roof debris when it remains on the roof after the camper is folded down! We have also used it to assist in hanging a string of lights around the campsite. Here is my review of this ladder. So far, we have enjoyed it!

We purchased this Soctone Telescoping Ladder, 10.5 FT Button Retraction Aluminum Extension Ladder to use with our Trailmanor folding camper camper to allow easy access to the roof for cleaning and inspection. We also use it with our motorhome for inspecting the roofs of the slide outs. It is also great to use around the campsite. It is available in 8', 10' and a 12' version.

There are a lot of different types of telescoping ladders. I did a lot of research and finally decided on this brand and model. Soctone sells this ladder with the NON-automated closure. With that system, you have close each rung one at a time and when unlatched, the sections collapse rapidly. I felt that would be too easy to mash a finger. So, I went with the fully automated version; that is version I am using and is shown in the video.

I would recommend that you NOT store it outside in the weather or lay it down in dirt, sand, etc. Because of all the sliding and pneumatic action, I believe keeping this clean and free of debris will allow for a long life.

This is a link to the ladder on Amazon
https://amzn.to/40ZacMY

Link to my YouTube channel showing the ladder.
https://youtu.be/JrkBHkNUoVU
Old 02-28-2023, 03:25 PM   #2
duvalbirder

Default Telescoping ladder

Thank you for your review. This is just what we needed, so I quickly purchased one from Amazon.
duvalbirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 04:08 PM   #3
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvalbirder View Post
Thank you for your review. This is just what we needed, so I quickly purchased one from Amazon.
Excellent. We continue to enjoy our ladder! I will caution that because everything slides together, don't lay it on the ground or leave it out in the weather. Our's has been up/down probably 25+ times, doing maintenance and showing friends...everyone wants a turn! I am thinking that over time I will spray pure silicone on the tubes to keep things moving.

Let me know how it goes!

Travis

Tags
getting on the roof, ladder