TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2007, 05:33 AM   #1
JonS55
Site Sponsor

Default First Trip with TM

I purchased a used 2720 last fall but didn't get to use it until February. I just got back and I really enjoyed the TM. I went to Florida and spent all of my time camping in Everglades National Park. I recently sold a business and I wanted to relax and do a bunch of fishing. So my Tundra, 3 kayaks, TM and a lot of fishing gear left NJ (9 degrees when I left) and headed to Flamingo to meet a bunch of folks I had sold kayaks and gear too (that was my business). I had a great few days in Flamingo then headed over to Chokoloskee. A buddy offered me an RV spot on the water to use as long as I wanted so I stayed until early April.
I'm heading back there next November until April where I'm going to be guiding for kayak fishing and eco tourism for/with my freind.
I'll be using the TM again next weekend in Jamaica Bay (Brooklyn, NY) where there's a kayak fishing tournament. It'll be my first total boondocking trip. Then I'll be roaming the east coast kayak fishing all over. I may get as far west as the western great lakes. I'm undecided yet. To many places to fish and not enough time.

So if you see a TM with a bunch of kayaks on the roof of a silver Tundra that's me.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonS55 View Post
I'll be using the TM again next weekend in Jamaica Bay (Brooklyn, NY) where there's a kayak fishing tournament. It'll be my first total boondocking trip.
Well, one doesn't normally think of Brooklyn as a hotbed of camping activity - but good for you - camp wherever/whenever you can! Originally from NJ, but visited relatives in Brooklyn for a long time - one of my cousins still lives there in fact. Good luck in the tournament.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
JonS55
Site Sponsor

Actually, Jamaica Bay is incredible. It's hard to believe that it's in the city. Terrific fishing in the spring and fall - some of the best in the region. Last year ESPN2 came and filmed the event for Bassmasters. They were shocked at the great fishing in the shadow of Mahattan.

I won't be competing in the tourney. In the past I was one of the people running it, but since selling my business I don't have any responsibility. I'm going to fish, meet as many people as I can, take pictures and video.