TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2006, 05:58 AM   #1
Catawbalea

Question adapter

The 30/15 adapter in our 'welcome' package for the TM fits the TM electrical cord, but not the house plugs or the extension cords. Our local hardware sold us another that works. Their only concern is the flat slots seemed longer, but it fit tightly enough. Is this just one adapter, or what should we have done? We have power now and will remain hooked up for several days before our first trip.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:27 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I have encountered two physical types of 30/15 adapters. One is a very short cord (about 8"). The other is like a double-thick hockey puck. Both have a 30-amp female connector (i.e., socket) one one side, and a 15-amp male connector (i.e., plug) on the other. Which do you have?

If I understand your question, the blades on the male side of the adapter (the 15-amp side) are of the expected thickness and the expected width, but are too long? Is that right? And what is the resulting problem? Perhaps the plug won't go all the way into the household wall socket, leaving some of the blade exposed?

I haven't encountered a situation that sounds like yours, but perhaps I am misunderstanding your description. Anyway, it sounds like you have solved it, and are ready to roll.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
Catawbalea

Default over ready to roll

It is hard to describe something one knows nothing about - that's me describing electrical equipment. We received the hockey puck. It would not fit into any socket or cord. The ground u-shaped prong wouldn't fit, too big. I do think the problem is solved. But, why did we get a 'puck' that wouldn't fit in the net?
Old 04-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Dunno. Clearly something is wrong - but you already knew that. I have one of the hockey pucks for emergencies, but I much prefer the 8" short-cord version.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote