TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
camp2canoe

Default Wardrobe hinges

I opened our TM yesterday - it had been closed up and in storage since leaving Missouri last October. The wardrobe door had fallen off and the upper hinge was twisted. This surprised me as the only things in the wardrobe were some empty hangers. On closer inspection, three of the four hinge screws weren't even in the door frame - they had missed the frame and had held for two years in the laminate! In my view, this was pretty sloppy quality control at the factory. As we are leaving town, I did a temporary repair with screws, nuts and fender washers. I'm ordering another hinge and the permanent repair shouldn't be complicated - just moving the door over to the left a half inch so the screws will be bedded in the frame. It will leave some extra holes which will be visible, however.

You may want to check to make sure that the screws on the hinges of your wardrobe (and cabinet doors as well) are bedded in the wood frame and not just in the laminate face. - Camp2Canoe