TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2002, 04:45 AM   #1

Default Distance Between Tire, Outigger, and Wheel Well?

Is it normal that the distance between the tire and Outrigger are only about 1/2 inch. And the distance between the top of the tire and the wheel well are only about 1 inch away?

I have a 1998 2720SL. It has been in the Shop since I purchased it about a month. It had a tread seperation when it was being delivered, and it did a lot of damage.

Anyway, when the TM was being repaired I wanted to put all new tires on it. I called Jimmy Davis at the Factory and asked what I should use and what size.  He said Goodyear 215s. He gave me the exact specs, but I don't have them now.

I gave the specs to the dealer doing the repairs, they called me back and said it had 205s on right now. I called Jimmy back and he verified they had purchased the correct tires and they should now be 215s.

The dealer has now called back saying the mounted the new tires and the gap between the outrigger (the steel rod behind the tire) is only 1/2 inch. Also, the distance between the top of the tire and the Wheel well is about 1 inch.

The dealer is concerned if I hit a bump, the tire will hit the wheel well. They talked to Jimmy, and he said this is normal.

Is this normal for your Trailmanors?

Dave