TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-28-2003, 10:36 AM   #1
ryanra

Default water fixture on tub

I found that my water fixture on the tub has a leak right where the shower hose connects. What has to be done to replace the water fixture on the tub? I have replaced many on the sinks in the house, but none in a camper. I have a 2002 2720SL.

I originally thought the leak was at the shower hose connector, but it's actually right below that connector on the water fixture side of the threads.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:03 PM   #2
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Default Re:water fixture on tub

I think this is one for the experts. Call the TM number (865) 426-7426 and ask for Jimmy. I have no idea how to get behind the tub.
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 04:01 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Mike is right - getting behind the tub faucets is inconvenient. But it is not hard, if you are at all "handy". At the faucet end of the tub, a couple/three screws hold the whole square box assembly (containing the faucets and the hose connector) to the wall. If you back out these screws, and cut the caulking with a sharp knife, the whole box thing pulls away from the wall. I know this because I had a problem with the plumbing to the outdoor shower, and this is where it all connects. Once it is pulled away from the wall, you can see the whole assembly and all the connections. Clearances are tight, but manageable.

I was in an RV store today, and saw a replacement faucet set that looked identical. There are some stainless-steel worm-type hose clamps, a hose in a separate plastic bag - but it all looked pretty straighforward. And of course, get some good caulk for when you reassemble.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 07:48 PM   #4
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the answer Bill. I couldn't help this time 'cause my TM is in the shop for warrenty work and modifications. I suspected there was an access for this area but couldn't picture it in my mind.
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 10:01 AM   #5
ryanra

Thanks, TrailManor God (Bill). That sounds like a job I should be able to do.

Rudy
Old 10-01-2003, 10:46 AM   #6
azroadrunner

Just a thought. I have used J B Weld for fixes like that. It has worked for me and it's a lot cheaper that buying new. (I have no connection to the Co.)

Jim
Old 10-01-2003, 06:12 PM   #7
ryanra

Thanks, Jim. That sure is worth a try. Can you get JB Weld at Home Depot or WalMart?

RAR
Old 10-02-2003, 07:02 AM   #8
efelker

Jim:

Wouldn't it make sense to try clamps, or some other means first before the JB Weld? My experience with JB Weld is that once that stuff sets it's like steel. I'd want to exhaust other less paermanent fixes first. Thoughts?

Ed
Old 10-02-2003, 05:03 PM   #9
Happytrails

TN, yes, and at any auto supply store such as advance, auto zone, pep boys, etc etc.......

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]
Old 10-02-2003, 10:38 PM   #10
azroadrunner

TN and Ed, if I had a leak and was considering replacing the fixture, I would want the fix to be permanent.

Jim