TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2002, 09:54 AM   #1
Happytrails

Default Reply to Trailmanors

Trailmanors, sounds like you got a pretty good deal going on if the price is right since it's been sheltered. I did think of one thing you should check.....the plumbing....make sure it was properly winterized.....if it's not been used in a year or more, if you turn on the faucet, some redish pink solution should come out, or nothing at all. Make sure no water leaks out of funny places in the TM denoting busted pipes that had been frozen in the past, as well as the tank. You should probably get them to fill the tank while you're there and make sure all that works as it's supposed to including the hot water and water pump, and that the tank itself doesn't leak.
Using a regular "bumper ball".......well, you WILL need at least a class three hitch as it has a toungue weight of 450lbs or more......anti sway isn't necessary as they really don't sway at all because they're light and do have a heavy toungue weight. I do use a weight distributing hitch as well because of the small size of my tow vehicle, but you may not need one. The carpet will probably come clean with a steam cleaner as they use very low maintenence carpeting in them. Just a few thoughts...........

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails............[/glow]