TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
manorlife
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
manorlife - if you spend a little time searching, you may find a retailer that still has some in stock. Looks like you're looking for Thetford part #05223 (see attached installation instructions), and it shows in stock here:

http://www.rvplus.com/thetford-vent-kit-05223.html

If you can't find it domestically, I know the Electra Magic is far more popular in Europe and Australia. I'd check there next, as shipping wouldn't be too obscene for such a small part (especially from Europe).

Dave
picked it up and will report back here after install. it wont be until the summer but I will post. thanks for tracking it down.
manorlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
namklg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
manorlife - if you spend a little time searching, you may find a retailer that still has some in stock. Looks like you're looking for Thetford part #05223 (see attached installation instructions), and it shows in stock here:

http://www.rvplus.com/thetford-vent-kit-05223.html

If you can't find it domestically, I know the Electra Magic is far more popular in Europe and Australia. I'd check there next, as shipping wouldn't be too obscene for such a small part (especially from Europe).

Dave
I tried to order one... they are out of stock at RVPlus.
Now, looking for one locally.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
rumbleweed

I have collected all the pieces to add a vent to mine and will do it when the weather warms up.
I found that a 1.25" pvc fits snugly into the vent hole once you pop out the plastic cap. The existing cap and plug on mine just press in. I plan to have a short piece of 1.25 pvc going into the vent hole, the other end will have a 90 degree angle to go out thru the side of the TM. Make sure the short piece of pvc is short enough to allow the bed to slide forward for closing. I have a marine 1.25" Thru-Hull fitting (see photo) that will mount in the side of the TM ( Large flange outside) . The flange on the fitting is thin enough that the shells can close with out interference. I then have a length of 1.25" corrugated plastic hose that will fit into the exterior flange opening and will attach to the top edge of the rear shell with a small clip. You can add a simple vent cap or fancy vacuum cap on the top end. For short trips or cool weather when the windows are not open I plan to eliminate the vent hose. Unless you get a very hard sideways rain, no significant water should enter the side vent and even if it does, it will go into the toilet. . I think the total cost of the parts is under $20. You might want to reposition the flush switch to the other side of the Thetford as it will be close to the vent.
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2023, 11:33 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

When you say "Thetford water flush pipes" are you referring to the big drain pipes under the floor that lead to the outside dump valves and the outside drain hose connectors? If so, is the dump pipe from the gray tank still intact?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote