TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
wbyrum

Default Television Wiring in TM

I am considering ordering a new 2009 3124KS, but I have questions about the various television options and the detail wiring inside the TM.

I would like to have a television wiring schematic that shows all the options (Television Shelf option in bedroom, television on cabinet in the living room for a 3124KS, "batwing" antenna with amplifier and satellite dish).

I want to use an external, DirecTV HD capable, multi-LMB satellite dish mounted on an external tripod to feed HD DirecTV to two separate receivers, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. For this to operate correctly, all of the satellite coax cables inside the TM must be RG6 and each of the satellite coax signal cables from the external (not roof mounted) dish must feed directly to each satellite receiver box. I addition, there is a power and control cable that is required between a dish pointing controller box and the external satellite dish. I would like to locate the dish pointing controller inside, adjacent to one of the satellite receiver boxes. It would not matter which one, so the one to which routing the power and control cable from the exterior satellite dish is easier would be OK.

I need to know where the external commercial cable television connection enters the TM and how is it is routed after it enters the TM. With the optional Television Shelf, will there be a separate external cable television connection for the television in the bedroom or (most likely) will there be only one external cable television connection with a signal splitter to feeding each television?

Although I am not planning to order the off-air antenna with power amplifier option (so that hopefully there will be no interfaces to deal with concerning that part of the television signal wiring system), I would like to see the schematic including this option...just to be sure.

Thanks for any enlightenment you can provide!

Bill (not the Moderator Bill)
Old 08-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
Scott O

Bill (not the Moderator Bill):

1. Pay your $12 and become a member. Best money you can spend, particularily as a prospective owner. The members of this forum have a staggering amount of knowledge!
2. Call the factory. Since you are considering ordering a 2009, I suspect that they will treat you very well and might have some options we don't know about.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
wbyrum

Scott O,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I don't understand how to become a (paid) member. I will surely pay a $12.00 fee to get my questions answered, but I didn't see that it was required or how to do it. Please help.

I have called TM and asked this question, but so far I have not received a response.

I have tried to send an email to the factory with this question, but something seems to be wrong with their email on their site. When I try to send this question to the sales group (or any other addresses listed in the "contacts") using the "contact" selection, the email "bounces".

Thanks for any any advice you can provide!

Bill
Old 08-05-2008, 04:46 AM   #4
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbyrum View Post
Scott O,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I don't understand how to become a (paid) member. I will surely pay a $12.00 fee to get my questions answered, but I didn't see that it was required or how to do it. Please help.
Bill,

To become a sponsor go to "Getting Started on the Board", click on "Becoming a member of the Forum"

If the email to the TM factory is not working, give the 800 number a try.

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

This discussion board (the TrailmanorOwners forum) is not connected with the factory in any way, so the factory won't be able to answer any questions about it.

The "How to Join" instructions can be found on the opening page of this board. Go to www.trailmanorowners.com and click on Site Sponsorship. The method suggested by Commodor47 also works.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #6
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Moderator Bill - I think his reference to contacting the factory was in regards to finding out more about the TV wiring, not how to join this forum.

Not the moderator Bill - I believe Trial Members like yourself have access to the entire board just as paying members do, but only for 30 days. I think I speak for at least most, if not all, the community here that we all try to answer anyone's questions, regardless of whether they are trial members or site sponsors. After 30 days, Trial Members lose access to much of the forum, which is essentially where the meat is. So if you like what you see now, and would like to continue to be a part of that broader community after 30 days, sign up as a site sponsor for $12/yr.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
wbyrum

Dave,

Thanks for your input. I will join now that I know how. I have not completely made my mind to purchase a TrailManor, so I think I will wait until I actually purchase one before becoming a paid member.

I have called the factory and asked the Customer Service people to have someone knowledgable with the wiring to contact me. So far, no one has responded.

I also tried to send an email from the "Contact" page on the TrailManor site, but the page does not seem to be working properly. There is a pull down list for choosing a recepient of the email, but no matter which recipient I choose, the email fails to be sent and this error message comes up:

"Error: Bad or Missing Recipient"

Any ideas?

I will try the 800 number again...maybe they just forgot about my earlier phone request.

Bill
Old 08-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

The cable in my 2008 3023 has RG-6 I believe but I can check later for you & I have no schematic available but I did have a problem with the Amplifier among other little things so what I found may be of some help.

From what I can tell

Main Cable:

The cable enters from the middle left drivers side of the trailer. Goes to the Amplifier on the side of the refrigerator cabinet. I believe it is a continuous run to the amplifier.

Bat Wing Antenna:

1. Cable comes from the Bat Wing to the bottom opening for the refrigerator where it attaches to a Barrel connector then connects to the amplifier.

Amplifier:

Now you have two cables attached here for Cable & Tv Antenna. The Amplifier has a 12 volt car plug & a male coax connection. The way I understand it so far is if the green power light is on it is connected thru the Bat Wing Antenna. If the green power light is off it is connected thru the direct connection for cable on the side of the trailer.

The 2nd TV connection seems to go on to the connection plate located by the bed next to the converter where there is a 12volt plug & a coax connection.

My amplifier had a short at the barrel connector that I had to fix to get the amplifier light to stay on for the Bat wing to work. Also it looks like it would be fairly simple to completely bypass the amplifier for a more direct connection to two receivers but there still would be connections in between depending on the LNB setup for your DirecTv setup.

Bill (not moderator) this board can be helpful but I think it is very pushy on paying IMHO before you have even had a chance to figure out its value. I already have many boards I talk on. I know I am new but I am a payed member now & haven't had many questions yet but I have been in business-es for 15 yrs & know what it cost to run boards & a business & make people feel welcome. Sorry Guys I didn't feel welcome with go pay as one of my first answers.

Bill I can say again there are some very helpful knowledgeable people here. I have read almost all post here & there was some very informative information although some could be out dated for newer models which is to be expected.

Good Luck with your purchase we have only been on one trip so far but loved it even with the little problems we have encountered. The TrailManor fits what we wanted perfectly. We needed a quality light weight unit to tow with our Land Rover.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Moderator Bill - I think his reference to contacting the factory was in regards to finding out more about the TV wiring, not how to join this forum.
Duhh! Too early type, too late coffee!

McGyver210 posted
Quote:
this board can be helpful but I think it is very pushy on paying IMHO before you have even had a chance to figure out its value.
I understand your concern about pushiness to join. That is not anyone's intent. On the other hand, the thirty days run out awfully quickly, and it is sad to see a new guy/girl, who is in the middle of getting a question answered, suddenly get shut out. I'm not sure why, but the thirty day rule doesn't seem to be clear to a lot of people. Hardly a week goes by that I don't get a disgruntled message saying "The board is broken! Everything is gone! Where is my thread?" So please consider the suggestion to be a reminder, not a demand - and certainly not blackmail.

(Moderator) Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Not to diverge from the thread topic, but perhaps it would be a good idea to insert a bold colored reminder message at the top of every page trial members see...just so that they know the reason why 90% of the forum disappears one day for no apparent reason. I'm not familiar with the forum software, so I have no idea how difficult that would be. But worded appropriately, doing so would remind trial members about becoming a member without everyone here having to give them well-intentioned reminders every time they ask a question.

Anyway, back to TV wiring in the TM.....

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote