TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-31-2023, 06:35 PM   #11
DanSTL
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Holy crap! Sounds like “clipped” is being generous! Did you get a plate number or anything? I’d be FURIOUS.
Saving grace was I was headed to factory but yeah I was furious. No plate number, but I took this picture before going to sleep and filed a report. By the time I came to and stepped out to assess what had happened, the driver of the red truck yelled "there he goes" as the guy entered the interstate. I didn't have time to unhook and chase, and truck driver didn't get a plate either. Apparently the guy stopped and assessed his rig and the TM, and thought there wasn't enough damage to bother. I filed a police report but they said they would get back to me if they could make out a plate (they never did).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0866.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	22922  
DanSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 06:37 PM   #12
DanSTL
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
So the "clip" was on the left side of the trailer, and the depression is on the right? And the depression wasn't there at the factory? Or at least wasn't noticed?
Yes on all questions. I'm pretty confident it wasn't there at the factory as we reviewed all with a fine tooth comb.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:44 PM   #13
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Bill-

The lift arm pivot is even further forward than the bag seal rub strip.

DanSTL- That's why every state should require front and rear plates.

Also Dan- Do the side walls in your back bunk area have the luan covered in wallpaper or is it bare aluminum? When my 3326 was rebuilt the entire side walls have the wallpaper. If yours does too, maybe there’s a matching stress crease on the inside of the opposite wall? If you look, the outside stress crease is pretty well aligned with the rear end of the bottom box. If he hit you hard enough to push the whole rear end of the rear shell in that direction, could that be the pivot point? Totally throwing darts here…
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 10:52 PM   #14
DanSTL
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Bill-

Do the side walls in your back bunk area have the luan covered in wallpaper or is it bare aluminum? When my 3326 was rebuilt the entire side walls have the wallpaper. If yours does too, maybe there’s a matching stress crease on the inside of the opposite wall? If you look, the outside stress crease is pretty well aligned with the rear end of the bottom box. If he hit you hard enough to push the whole rear end of the rear shell in that direction, could that be the pivot point? Totally throwing darts here…
Hi Shane826, you nailed it. As shown in pics I have aluminum walls and sure enough there is a matching stress crease on the opposite inside wall of the queen bed (I had not noticed before).

Bill- this has me wondering if we possibly missed these at the factory, as I can't imagine what exactly could create conditions for later appearance of the depressions?

The only other thing I've done differently since being at the factory was to store the TM in my garage with little to no weight on the tires. I did this by following steps somewhere on this forum [lower tongue all way, extend both rear jacks symmetrically, raise the tongue again until tires are just off ground then lower slightly, raise front jacks]. This is something I won't be repeating as I am thinking I should avoid any unneeded stress on the rear shell.

In summary, the Class A clipped me on the left rear corner of the trailer , and the matching depressions are on the right outer wall and the left inner wall.

Thanks for helping me identify the source, open to any additional expert tips such as anything else I should avoid...or is this probably just cosmetic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crease 1.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	22923   Click image for larger version

Name:	crease 2.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	611.4 KB
ID:	22924  
Old 01-02-2024, 05:59 AM   #15
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Wow that was a shot in the dark.

I’d have to think it’s too much of a coincidence for it to NOT be caused by the Class A impact. As long as the walls are straight, I’d say it’s probably just cosmetic.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 02:13 PM   #16
DanSTL
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Wow that was a shot in the dark.

I’d have to think it’s too much of a coincidence for it to NOT be caused by the Class A impact. As long as the walls are straight, I’d say it’s probably just cosmetic.
Shane - Everything still opens and closes as before without issues, so hoping that’s the case and thanks ! Still stumped regarding when it appeared but seeing it was there back in November so guessing it was indeed there during the factory visit.

Tags
shell