TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
kafree26

Default Removing fridge to clean under?

Has anyone ever done this, and thus would have any advice how to go about it?

We get mice due to the fact we have an outdoor storage facility (convenient for us AND the mice) and they seem to have left their, um, by-products, under the fridge. At least, after a few days of having it turned on, it begins to smell like.....mice urine. Lovely....especially in the summer.

We went in thru the outside panel and removed the insulation (oh, they LOVED that) but we want to get underneath the fridge as well.

We have a Dometic RM2310 gas electric. Our TM is a '99 2720SL.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kathy & Kevin
Old 06-14-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
retiredgoat

I had to repair the front metal surface (the door seals ride or rest on the surface) it was rusted. Anyway you have to dis connect the gas line and electric was simple on mine (2001 3326) it was a plug that has an outlet right in the back side.

Their are four screws on the front that are hidden with caps, the control unit had two screws and mine unplugged pretty easy once the cover was removed.

Just make sure all wires are clear and wiggle it into the inside.

Have you looked at the hardware store for mice/rat bait I use the small box and the chunks that are all green in color and seem to work real well. I throw down a couple of chunks around the trailer and have the boxes in the compartments. I live next to a river and all sorts of critters like to visit.

Good luck
Old 06-21-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
kafree26

Thanks!!!!!