TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
cjhawk38

Default Bathroom wall

My father just bought a used TM and I noticed that there is about a 2 inch gap between the bathroom wall and the outer wall on the bedroom side. In otherwords if I'm sitting on the back bed I can look into the bathroom if I lean against that wall. Is this normal or is there something that is suppose to be in that gap?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Ours is like that too. If you keep the shower curtain towards that corner nobody can see in.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
cjhawk38

I was more worried about water getting in.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
2bcs1jrt

We have a gap as well. The shower curtain should take care of that as well as the obvious not pointing the shower head at it. we have never had a problem with water on the back bed.

Cheri
Old 08-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
hhoenig

Default bathroom wall

We filled that gap with a piece of styrofoam cut to size, covered with woodgrain contact paper, held in place with 2 small pieces of velcro. Keeps the light and water out. Have to remember to take off before closing.
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
PopBeavers

My shower curtain is in two sections. So one gap is at the controls on the outside wall and the other is on the wall to the hallway. I have no problems with out of control water.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #7
Freedom

We bought the fabric curtains (@ Bed Bath & Beyond) and I intend to sew them together and cut them to length when/if we put them back up. That way there will only be one place they're open and that will be where the shower is. I have to finish the plumbing to the tub since I changed it out to the newer deeper tub. (Ours was broken by previous owners) I'm waiting for a PEX ring compressor (bought on eBay) to finish the job. We may not put the curtains back in until we sell the TM since we don't use the shower.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
Ruby Ray

How about the bathroom wall itself. We have a 2005 2720sl and our walls are coming apart at the corner shelf area. The wall the door is attached to and the wall by the kitchen sink are pulling apart. You can seen the nails. My husband took a rubber mallet and put them back together, but they did not stay. We are considering using a strong wood glue and clamps to repair. Can anyone suggest any better way/idea? Thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

That gap is there specifically so you can see whether or not any kids fall in.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #10
GoldenBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ray View Post
How about the bathroom wall itself. We have a 2005 2720sl and our walls are coming apart at the corner shelf area. The wall the door is attached to and the wall by the kitchen sink are pulling apart. You can seen the nails. My husband took a rubber mallet and put them back together, but they did not stay. We are considering using a strong wood glue and clamps to repair. Can anyone suggest any better way/idea? Thanks
Our bathroom wall came apart, too. My husband put the walls back together with clamps and screwed a 4 inch L bracket (from Home Depot) to the top of both walls to secure it. He predrilled holes and used longer screws #10(?) than came with the L bracket. You could silicone the inside corner after you're done for a finished look. HTH
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote