TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2023, 07:23 AM   #1
Gribnif

Question Refurbish your Trailmanor

I have a 2001 TM in need of a lot of work. I inherited it a few years ago, and have put many hours into repairs, but am at the point of looking for an overhaul.

I found a YouTube video a while back of someone who took their TM to the Factory for refurbishment. and was considering the same, but when I called, I got the impression that is no longer a thing. Has anyone done this recently? Any recommendations? Maybe a trusted dealer in the MW (We are in MN)

I have been fixing a piece at a time but would really love to get it back as close to new as possible.

Just to give an idea - some of the many things that need to be looked at: The main box seal that closes the gap between the two pieces of outer shell is rotting away and needs to be replaced. Would like to replace the carpet. Plastic parts on the awning and other areas of the box exterior have turned brittle in the sun and broken off. curtains are rotting away.

Larger concerns: Former owner had damaged the lower inside corner of the outer box (one half) - crunched it (likely backing it up and it must have caught on a tree or something). He tried to straighten is out but hoping to have it looked at. Door damaged and needs to be replaced. Oven is not working.

Thank you in advance!
Gribnif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 03:14 PM   #2
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Hi, if you haven't searched the How to and Mods section there's a lot of info on curtain options for ya. In the tech library there's a good amount of info for the bag seals as they're referred to. Have you checked a local or near by dealer who can replace the seals? There's one in WI and if SD is closer there looks to be a few that might help verses the factory.
If you can post pictures of the damage that will help get you better answers.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...earchid=295910

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ad.php?t=19558
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 08:51 PM   #3
Shane826
TrailManor Master

They will overhaul a TM but it ain’t cheap. Any structural damage to a shell, they will recommend a new shell and it ain’t cheap. They can do the bag seals but it ain’t cheap.

I had them replace both the shells (only A/C & awning were reused), lift arms, torsion bars, and bumper plus a bunch of odds & ends on my 2007 3326 due to saggy roofs. It cost almost half the price of a new TM. But we really liked the 3326 and it isn’t made anymore. It wasn’t much more than going and finding another 10-15 year old used 3326 in supposed good shape. So we went this route and now we have a 3326 that is brand new in all the TM-specific areas that should last us another 10-15 years easy, and it’s new so I will know exactly what has or hasn’t been done as far as maintenance etc. But it sure as heck wasn’t cheap.

I’m currently refurbishing an old 2720 and have contacted the factory for help replacing all the bag seals and velcro flaps. I know it would be done right but it ain’t cheap. I could do it but I need a second set of hands and can’t seem to find anyone interested in making a some dollars for a weekend of work, including my two out-of-work brothers. I’ve even offered to have a bag seal party with a few folks who needed bag seals replaced; be my second set of hands and we will get both trailers done. No dice. End rant.

Point being unless it’s an oddball model or some other extenuating circumstances, factory overhaul usually isn’t cost effective. But it has been done. Here’s a video of them replacing a front shell due to (I think) a deer strike.

https://youtu.be/jTdnUdWnFh4
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, older tm, overhaul, refurbishment