TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
JamKat+Fam

Default Birthday Trip

Well, my oldest daughter turned 8 in mid-September and the only thing that she wanted from us for her birthday was a camping trip! {We must be raising her right. } She picked Hard Labor Creek State Park in GA as it had a Audubon Society Beginner Bird Walk scheduled and the Observatory for GA State University Astronomy Dept. was having an open house as well that weekend. She was super excited that we let her pick the campground, site, and best of all... plan the menu!

We had a great weekend, the bird walk was fantastic and we identified 23 species of birds. I had a little mishap in the TV at the Observatory Sat night though. DH decided that he and the little one would stay behind at the campground and watch a movie with my folks while the birthday girl and I went to see the stars with the big telescope. It was so crowded and nothing but a little service road to drive up/park on. When it was time to leave it had cleared out a bit and I spotted the perfect place to drive up the road a bit, pull in beside a telephone pole and back around so that I could get out. Ummm, I didn't hit my 5 point turn just right and ended up stuck straddling the service road and blocking everyone in. Thankfully someone came along about that time and helped me get turned without taking out the pole and got me facing the "out" direction {did I mention the tons of cars and it being pitch black?}. Pulling out down the road there were cars on each side of the road and I have NO idea how I cleared them as the Silverado is pretty wide. Needless to say, I don't think DH will be letting me pulling the TM any time soon.

Now my little one is planning her birthday camping trip. In January. Brrrr.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Bluegrass

It's those kinds of experiences that make the camping trips memorable, IMHO. Sounds like a fun trip.

Keith