TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Default 2720SD remove dinette

How hard do you think it would be to remove the dinette and re-route the furnace in a 2720SD 2003 model. ? Does the water tanks or anything else hide under/in the dinette seating area? My wife has now come to the conclusion she wants a couch and not a dinette, and I have a 2003 2720SD lined up to buy on Monday or Tue. if all things work right , and if the dealer does not tack anymore to the price, I say that because we agreed to a price last week, he had it checked out found fridge not working right and toilet and latch. He called me last night with a 300 dollar higher price because of the fridge repair. I was not happy and almost ready to walk but ...... we are still under the asking price and he tells me he had at least 25 others interested and I do believe that. So now my wife wants to take out the dinette and put a futon or another foldable couch . any input whether to continue on with this idea or look for another 2720SL?
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

It's not just the furnace under the dinette couch, on the 2004 3023 there's a water tank and pump there too, and the inputs to the water tank are on the wall, and the furnace has a big opening to the outside. Probably the same on the 2720. It would be a major job, IMO too big to be practical.

If you must have the dinette, keep looking. My family found the two couches on the 3023 dinette to be just fine, with the table folded up.
BrucePerens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
Padgett
TrailManor Master

The 2720SL is the most common TM and has a sofa in the front that makes into a bed. I'd rather have a dinette - better for card and board games when it rains.

As to the dealer, you agreed on a price with the assumption that everything worked, for the dealer to jack the price because something expected didn't is a big red flag to me. Run do not walk.

ps "lots more interested" is one of the oldest ploys in the book. Just tell him to sell it to one of them then.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
The 2720SL is the most common TM and has a sofa in the front that makes into a bed. I'd rather have a dinette - better for card and board games when it rains.

As to the dealer, you agreed on a price with the assumption that everything worked, for the dealer to jack the price because something expected didn't is a big red flag to me. Run do not walk.

ps "lots more interested" is one of the oldest ploys in the book. Just tell him to sell it to one of them then.
Yeah, that is what I am thinking too. I will more than likely pass on this one too. My wife first wanted one with a bed at each end, then after seeing the SD she thought that was the style, then she went back to the SL model . SO now I guess it's an SL model I need to look for.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #5
Mr_funnypuns
Site Sponsor

Chuckle. Firs TM we looked at was a 2007 2720SD IT also had a roof leak. But, we were curious. It was priced at $13000! Dealer said he could cut it to $11500 "because had done our homework" He also "promised to fix". It was hard walking away, because we were excited and fissspointed all a the same time. The dealer said "someone else might it it. Put money down and I'll hold it while you decide". We ran. Next we looked at a 2720SD, and were convinced it was right style but the wrong price. (14k for 2007 2720) A few weeks later we spotted roger's unit for sale here, and it was a very pleasant transaction at the right price.

I'll note that here in Illinois, private party trailer sales under 10K do not require sales tax. It's worth reading the dox from your DMV to see what exceptions there are.

2720SL The "Inator"
Tanium 600lb WDH, Atwood power Jack, 2 inch lift kit, 15 inch tires, 200W Solar, T105 Pair, Yamaha EF1000i w/ propane conversion, Tuson TSC electronic sway control, Trojan Hydrolink battery watering system

2005 Ford Expedition
Factory tow Package, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Grand Aero Tow mirrors

TRailer Valet XL
Mr_funnypuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #6
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Interesting, when I bought my '06 it was "As is" but under $9k OTD. Have since put about $2k into it. Did get a 3 year Good Sam "Elite" with it.

Seems like prices are going up ?
Old 12-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #7
br2_wdc

Default Gotta Go with what the Boss Says ... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
My wife has now come to the conclusion she wants a couch and not a dinette
Clearly any plans you had to buy ANY 2720SD are now a moot point ... good thing she told you BEFORE you bought one! Phew ...
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #8
br2_wdc

Default Good Decision ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
Yeah, that is what I am thinking too. I will more than likely pass on this one too. My wife first wanted one with a bed at each end, then after seeing the SD she thought that was the style, then she went back to the SL model . SO now I guess it's an SL model I need to look for.
Smart man ...
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #9
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by br2_wdc View Post
Clearly any plans you had to buy ANY 2720SD are now a moot point ... good thing she told you BEFORE you bought one! Phew ...
Yeah, I hope the wind does not blow to hard tonight, her mind may change again. LOL
Old 12-06-2015, 06:24 PM   #10
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Craig, I thought my wife would want the couch, but took her to look at both models, side-by-side. She wanted the dinette, so we were not eating next to each other on the couch, and looking into the trailer. With the dinette, when you are eating, you can see outside over each others' shoulder, and also look at each other while talking.

So, from my experience, the dinette is a better model, even though the couch leaves a little more floor space. There is more storage in the dinette model, too.

Just my view, from looking at both, and letting the wife decide after she sat in both.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote