TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Reldma

Default Gray Water Tank Drain

Need help with Gray Water Tank drain. Our new used TM was purchased with everything missing from the tank our. I have a gray tank with a 1 7/8 round opening and everything else is missing. I went to Camping World and they told me what I need was this rubber plug (don't know what to call it. It is like the plugs they use to run electric wires through metal parts you see on cars). It has a 1 3/4 inch hole through it and the lip is cut in the middle. Don't know how else to explain it. They told me I needed to put half of the lip area from the cut inside the tank hole and the other half would be outside the tank and it would seal the hole. Then I would need to put a 1 3/4 inch plastic pipe in the hole and camp it in place. Then use reducers to get to the 3 inches I needed to install the 3 inch waste valve. Everything after installing this plug into the tank is no problem. My problem is the hole in the gray tank is 1 7/8 inches and the rubber plug is 2 1/4. So my plug is 1/4 of an inch larger. Has any one ever enlarged the gray tank opening and if so how did you do it? The hole has to be almost perfect or I am afraid it might leak. Any suggestion will really be appreciated.
This TM is becoming a money pit for us and we have not moved it from the side of the house where Camping World parked it the day they delivered it in March. I guess that is what happens when you have a person who has only seen one TM before he purchased this one. Camping World said everything worked on it. I know the water will drain right through it, but I guess they missed that in there inspection and a few other things. We were hoping to have it ready to go camping this coming week while we are on vacation. Right now it is not looking real good.
Thanks for any help.
Ray
Reldma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

If I were you I'd email the factory with pictures of what's missing and then call Ed at the factory. Perhaps others who have dealt with the plumbing directly outside the tank can help. Can you post some pictures of what's going on "down under"?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
mac_falls

Default Large hole

After you talk to Ed at TM, send that list of parts & picture to Camping World have them make good for all parts needed since it was not all working when they delivered it to you!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
rumbleweed

If I understand your original post, this is similar to a wire grommet. You may have the correct piece. The cut in the piece is where the sides of the tank go. start placing the grommet in the hole with the edge of the opening in the cut. then carefully work you way around the edge working it into the cut until you have it all the way in. Spraying with windex will make it easier to slide and work with. When you are done, you should have the edges of the hole in the cut all the way around and a piece of the grommet on each side of the opening. This is not a normal wear and tear item ( totally missing parts) so I would push your dealer to do the repairs.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Reldma

Thanks for your help. After working and working on trying to get the rubber outlet into the tank I finally was successful. I think the window cleaner gave it just enough of a lube so I could get it in place. If I ever figure out how to post pictures I'll show you what I had and why I thought I had to enlarge the hole. After I got the plug or outlet or whatever it is called in place my neighbor who is a plumber came over and gave me the remaining plumbing parts I needed. I had already purchased the valve, cap, spigots.
Reldma is offline   Reply With Quote