TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
ronanderson

Red face

Redwolf, I second Bob"s reply. Much to see and do in all areas of the state. Please be aware that It gets very hot and humid in Va. during August as in most of the southern half of the country. Welcome to the TMO site. Ron
Old 06-30-2009, 06:43 AM   #12
mtnguy

Redwolf, I third the last 2 replies. I have been living here 56 years, and still have a lot to see. From the Appalachian Mountains in the west, across the Shenandoah Valley, over the Blue Ridge Mountains, across the Piedmont section to the Tidewater area, you get all kinds of things to see and do.

The National Forests of Western Virginia: Mostly dry camping with scattered campgrounds, and beside the back road camping if you prefer. Plenty of hiking trails.

The Shenandoah Valley. Natural Bridge, plenty of caverns (Luray, Endless, Grand, Shenandoah, Skyline), canoeing or tubing on the Shenandoah, Natural Bridge, etc.

Blue Ridge Mountains: The Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive run down the spine of the mountains. The Appalachian Trail runs the length of Virginia.

Also consider the Presidential Trail (http://www.woodrowwilson.org/visit/v...?doc_id=607855) and Revoluntionary and Civil War battlefields.

Since I live in Western Virginia, I will leave it up the Eastern Virginia members to fill you in more on that side of the commonwealth.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:24 AM   #13
lnussbau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Larry -

If you look at them closely, you'll find that the screw heads have square sockets, with a bit of a slot cut out of each corner. This means that a Phillips screwdriver will work, but only if the screw is not really very tight. If you run into a tight one (and admittedly they are few), a Phillips driver will strip it out.

A set of square drive drivers (I think there are 3 sizes in a common set) costs only a few bucks. I'm thinking less than $5 from someplace like Harbor Freight, and maybe $10 from Ace Hardware. In my opinion, it is worthwhile. A stripped screw is an instant problem.

Bill
You sure hit the nail on the head, Bill. I do find the proper connector easier to use, once I identified which one it was.

Thanks,
Old 07-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #14
Bill & Lisa

I believe the tool is a No.2 square head driver.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:20 AM   #15
Redwolf

Bob, we are going up the coast of NC, SC, then into virginia to asseteague state park, from there we are going to williamsburg, and then head west to hungry mother state park. Great suggestions, thanks, any others? Redwolf
Old 08-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
ronanderson

Redwolf, When will you be at Hungry Mother? We have reservations for labor day weekend at Hungry mother. Enjoy. Ron
Old 08-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #17
Bill & Lisa

If anyone runs into any problems in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach/ Williamsburg area there is a good dealer in the area Chesapeake RV Solutions 757-432-0222. I am also willing to help out if I can. I don't get on the forum as often as I used to but can be reached on my cell at 757-343-8334 if you need a hand or want a vistor while you are camped in the area....