TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
nostoragefee

Default Can you add a swing hitch later?

My wife and I are looking for a TM and like the 2720 but would need the swing hitch to fit it into our garage. Question: If we find a used one without the swing hitch option can we have one installed or is that a factory original only option?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
Al-n-Sue

The dealer in Colorado Springs adds the swing hitch after delivery and I've heard on this forum that it is a better install than the factory.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
nostoragefee

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #4
PopBeavers

When Dinuba RV wast still in Rio Vista, CA they had a local shop that could do it.

It has been done. The trick will be locating a shop that is able and willing to do it.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
markandanne

I second what Al-n-Sue said about the Colo. Springs dealer. Our 3124KB was brought from The Car Show and they added the swing hitch for us to a unit they already had on the lot. Their modification actually allows you to remove the front of the tongue, not just swing it, and it reduces the closed length of our TM by more than 3 feet when it is removed so we are able to store our unit in our garage. Mark also had them add an expanded steel storage tray just behind the propane tanks when they did the modification, too. The whole thing is well-done and very sturdy.

Anne
Old 05-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
agesilaus

If you have a local welding shop do it you better hope that they are competent. Otherwise you could see your TM receding in the rear view mirror.

BK
Old 05-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Talking My Dinuba swing hitch...

My 2619 was bought new with the factory's STANDARD hitch, and then UPGRADED before delivery exactly as you desire. (The Factory version, back in those days, had "issues" with cracks.) It didn't provide any storage/convenience upgrades (as the Car Show's version does, according to the post above). But it's very well built, quite convenient to use, and Stan also performed the superior "upgrade" for less $$ than the cost of the "factory" option. If CA (Fresno) is close by, maybe give Stan a phone call?
Old 05-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #8
Tuscany Bandit

MARKANDANNE:
Wow, the swing tongue gives you at least three more feet when swung away? Mine was factory installed and only gives me about two feet of extra space in the garage. And like yours it can be completely removed. My model TM is different than your so maybe that makes the one foot difference.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
KSBASS

Can someone either PM me some swing hitch pics or point me to some? Preferably on a 2720? I want to get this added to ours this year. I'd like to see what it entails. I've got a guy here local that could probably tackle this mod.
Thanks!
Troy
Old 05-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #10
skiman747

I would also like to see pictures of how the swing hitch works. What is the total length of your 3124 TM with your aftermarket hitch?