TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Default The new baby is home!

We made it home with the trailer. Thank you all for your advice and answers to all my questions over the past week or so. The trip was 170 miles over the Cascades and through a major city.

Here is what I ended up doing. I had the wheel bearings packed before the trip but went with the 4 year old tires as they had recently been used to go about that distance to bring it in as a trade-in and I wanted to get it home to see if I can get it in the garage with 15” tires. I will get new tires before I put weight in it and take it out on a trip. I decided to bring along a set of old mirrors in case I needed them but ended up feeling comfortable without them. The place I bought it from helped me set the brakes but I think I would have been fine figuring it out from the directions that came with the Prodigy. I did not have a WDH as I wanted to see how it towed without one first.

The trip home was uneventful and the trailer towed beautify behind my new Tundra. I seemed to have plenty of power with the 4.6 engine, and barking was good. The real test will be when we are loaded for camping. The worst part was that during the break-in period I could only tow at 50 mph. Some 4 lane and slow moving vehicle lanes helped.

We are so relieved and excited to have it home so we can play with our new toy.

I realized last night there was one thing I forgot to take into consideration. The slant of the driveway. It is not extreme but will affect clearance getting it into the garage. Will have to clean out the garage before I will know if there is a problem. What is life without a challenge? I have some ideas if it will not clear but suggestions from anyone that has had this problem would be appreciated.
Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Congratulations!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Al-n-Sue

Congratualtions! Welcome to the TM Community!

A couple of suggestions for you to think about - I see you are still a trial member. Spend the $12 per year to join this forum. It'll be the best investment you'll make in your TM. This forum is well moderated, the cost insures that you are not bombarded with ads (as in other forums), and the folks here are up to about any challenge you come up with!

When you join, it helps if you put your TM model and TV in the signature line. Lots of folks include their location in the upper right - that helps when considering if you are in mountains, plains, or seashores.

Let us know how the garaging works. I know there are several here who have had and dealt with the same issues.

Alan
Old 07-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
TM_Matt

Awesome. BTW, on the driveway slant/clearance, I've always dealt with that by backing in at an angle, ie, go past the driveway with driveway on passenger side, then back in and it will clear most driveways. Even when coming out of parking lots with steep dropoffs to the street, that always works.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

It is $15 now. I sent membership in the other day. I was surprised you had to do it by mail. Not sure how they know what name we use here as the form didn't ask.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Al-n-Sue

Check this thread in "Getting Started on the Board"

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=1064

It still says the fee is $12. I wonder if you are confusing the National Trailblazers organization with the owners forum? It is $15 and you find the registration on the TM website. If you want to join a local chapter of Trailblazers, you have to join the national organization first. But the Owner's Forum is independent of Trailmanor and is not owned or operated by the company. Keeps things a little more objective.

I think on the forum you can use Paypal to pay.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Oh oh I think I joined the wrong thing. Something called Trailblazers I think. When I searched around for a place to join that was all I found. Who do I pay the PayPal too and how. Is there something here I am missing?
Old 07-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #8
Bluegrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesherp View Post
Oh oh I think I joined the wrong thing. Something called Trailblazers I think. When I searched around for a place to join that was all I found. Who do I pay the PayPal too and how. Is there something here I am missing?
Here's the link with address for paypal.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=1064
Old 08-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the info. Paid them via Paypal. I should show up as member soon.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
Redhawk

"behind my new Tundra. I seemed to have plenty of power with the 4.6 engine, and barking was good. "

Hey...I want my Tundra to bark too ! Was that an add on or a Toyota option? LOL