TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2007, 05:40 AM   #1
srbays

Default 3023 Frame Properties

Greetings colleagues,

Can anyone give me the dimensions and thickness of the 3023 frame? What would be even better would be a complete dimensioned shop drawing of the frame.

I'm prohibited from storing a camper outside my house, but a 3023 will just fit in one side of the garage if I make a detachable tongue to make the frame (during storage) even with the front of the cabin. This requires a rational engineering analysis of the dynamic loads to design a set of splice brackets (probably "L" or "U" sections to fit over the frame) and torque specs for the grade-8 bolts.

I'd love the convenience of the spring-pin design, but the 2' swing-away tongue doesn't shorten the 3023 sufficiently. I need to get to 19'-3" overall length. And cutting the tongue further back means the triangular piece is too big to "nest" against the unit, making the swing-away design impractical.

Obviously, this voids the frame warranty.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

I measured the triangle on our 2619 and it's 42" from the front edge of the rock guard to the tip of the tongue. Removing the rock guard will pick up two more inches. Assuming the 3023 is exactly 23', you'll still be a couple of inches too long according to my calculator. Do you think the wife will mind if you move her laundry equipment to the back porch so you can knock out the garage back wall? Some wives are more sensitive about that sort of thing than others so be sure to ask first. Seriously, you are taking us where we have never been before so keep us informed. It sounds to me like you have the skills to do this and the factory can answer you frame questions.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote