TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
RogerR

Default Hitch height for 2720SL

I am setting up my 2005 just purchased 2720SL. I don't have anywhere flat enough to get an accurate measurement of the height of the hitch. I need it to set up my trailer ball height on my equalizer.

I am going to pull with a 2006 diesel Jeep Liberty. Brought it home with no WDH and really think its a great idea.

Is there any harm in drilling the holes for the sway control ball on the trailer frame?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Holes in the frame are generally frowned upon since, depending on the location and size of the hole, it can create a weak point and concentrate stresses. Any specific information about the effect of location and size would require an engineer to figure out for you.

I never heard of a sway control ball that mounts on the trailer frame. I had a Reese friction unit for a while, but the little ball mounts on the hitch at the back of the tow vehicle, not on the trailer frame. Whay kind do you have?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
Freedom

Here's one kind that has a plate to attach to the frame.
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...ay-control.htm
I don't think I've ever seen one that the small ball attaches directly to the frame.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #4
2blueranger
Site Sponsor

My Tm dealer installed my sway control and hitch. They did drill four holes right in front of where the hitch fastens to the TM frame. This is where the other end of the sway control fits, it is a little ball. I,m not sure of the brand.
2blueranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
RogerR

My sway control does have a tiny ball on a flat plate with holes to bolt it to the camper frame, some brands use a clamp on ball.
I will try the closest height my hitch will adjust close to 19 inches. thanks to all of you,
PS the maps you have show highlighted states, I assume they are the ones you have visited, how do you get that set up??
Old 03-31-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
Freedom

On our map it's the states we have been to with our TrailManor. If we put up the one with states we've been to it would be all colored in except New England.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #7
Alrhall

Default What WDH for Jeep Liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I need it to set up my trailer ball height on my equalizer. I am going to pull with a 2006 diesel Jeep Liberty. Brought it home with no WDH and really think its a great idea.
I have been pulling my 2720SL with a 94 Volvo 940. I just bought a 2006 Liberty CRD. What brand hitch and WDH are you using? Do you have trouble clearing the Spare Tire? Does your CRD have a Tow package? My local dealer can't tell me if there was one for the CRDs. My TM came with the 4 bolt plate mounted sway ball. My hitch is a DrawTite 75128 rated for 7500 lb WD.