TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
terrir

Default 3023 or 2720 sl

not sure which to buy - like the extra room of the 3023 but there is only 2 of us. Is the room really worth the $$. Why are some dealers so much more $$ than others - by 3-4 thousand.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
Flycaster

Although we camp with two kids ususally, sometimes it is just the two of us and we use the double bed as that stageing area for backpacks and clothes and other assorted stuff we want ready access to and do not want to run out to the car to get. Also, the two couches are perfect for putting your feet up watching a movie on a stormy night with the TV on the counter above the refigerator. We put up the table without the extension and it is perfect for holding drinks and snacks and even dinner for two. Finally, the four drawers under the short couch are very convenient storage.

Good luck with your decision.

Flycaster
Old 04-04-2006, 05:45 AM   #3
Firedog

We had the same decision to make. We decided on the 3023 because we just wanted the extra room. And, if we take any family with us anywhere, we know we would all be comfortable. We had a pop-up before our TM. It was always pretty tight to move around, as well as everything being in the way. As for the differences in price, we found the same thing to be true around here. We were lucky to find a dealer where we live, and they were very reasonable. IMHO. Good Luck.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #4
CAmark
Site Sponsor

Default 2720SL for us

We had a similar choice as well. Just the two of us and we decided on the 2720SL. What with the abundance of rain in CA this year we have yet to get out in our new TM, though every time we open it the neighbors come by for a tour. Here are some of our assumptions leading to our decision.
An important consideration is your tow vehicle capacity -- We have a Honda Pilot and I determined that the 3023 would be too much trailer for it to handle.
We liked the flexibility of the open space the SL offers - maybe in the 3023 as well?
We assume that in CA we will most likely be outside more than inside.
We assume we can set up folding chairs in the lounge area when others may want to be inside with us.
We really liked the idea of the two smaller side tables for the occasions that we have to eat inside.
We consider putting a small plastic 3-drawer unit next to the fridge, but have yet to use the TM to know for sure.
Good Luck with the decision,
CAmark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
Harry Womack

Default Which Trailer?

I would look at the 3124KB if you are considering the 3023. The under bed storage is so much bigger. You can not have enough storage for chairs and misc. equip. on the road.
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #6
Flycaster

terrir,

Upon reading CAmark's response, I agree that you should strongly consider your tow vehicle. If you have a big V8 with lots of wheelbase, no worries. I recommended a 3023 (our model), but I tow with almost three tons, pushed by a 5.6 liter V8 (305 hp) and sitting on 123 inches of wheelbase. I have also have towed my 3023 with my 3.5 liter v6 (200 hp) with 107 inch wheelbase, perfect for doing 55, in a straight line, on level ground, with, in my view, little margin for error. Check the tow vehicle thread for lots of good conversation and debate.

Flycaster
Old 04-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
terrir

Default 3023

we have a large truck- towing not a problem - just wish we knew if we were getting a good price. we can drive 800 miles from our home and get one $2000 less - but the dealer in colorado is known for there service.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:47 PM   #8
Magdefrau

I believe the extra bed will always be used in our family. Now our kids later friends, couples. And because it fits fine in the basement garage the rig will last into our grandkid stage of life. And frankly the resale value of space to sleep six will be more than a lesser sleepible number. And if a bear is scratching at one end of the trailor I like being able to go to the other end to sleep. Really this happened one night. One day I will post pics of the scratches. I wish I could fix it but I suppose there there to stay.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #9
terrir

We have decided on the 3023 - hope to pick it up in Colorado Springs on Saturday -- It will be nice to tow something lighter than we had since we always have a mountain pass to venture over to get anywhere Thanks for the help
Old 04-12-2006, 05:14 AM   #10
rsalejandro

Default 3023 for us

We had the same problem deciding on our first TM. We also went with the 3023 for the Extra storage, and bigger axile. We pick ours up May 5th!