TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
charlie14

Default Help! HiLo vs TM

I don't know which way to go! Love the expanda room and walk around beds on the Hilo but love almost everything else about the TM. I am concerned about the weight differences HiLo much heavier - how important is that? - any suggestions? Confused in Florida - Charlie
Old 10-14-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
PopBeavers

The longest trailer I can park in my garage is 19 feet 6 inches. My TM 2720 is 27 feet long when open and 18 when closed. A HiLo doesn't even come close to that in usable length when open. I need to sleep 6. If I can not park it in my garage then I need to rent an uncovered parking space in an unsecured area with no lighting for somewhere between 50 and 100 bucks per month.

The TM 2720 is the biggest trailer that will fit in my garage.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
hal

We also compared the Hi-Lo with the TrailManor. One feature that most people appreciate is the weight. Most if not all Hi-Los have a double axle... and for a reason. We were able to pull our TM with a TV that would have burned up pulling the Hi-Lo. Now that gasoline prices are where they are, we have a lot of comfort in our choice. Also, living in Colorado, we would never have been able to pull a Hi-Lo up some the passes that we have. Every once in a while, an owner of a Hi-Lo will approach us and ask to see our TM. The are seriously considering getting something "lighter" and more roomy inside. The slide out that the Hi-Lo has must make it all the heavier.

Hal
Old 10-14-2005, 11:19 PM   #4
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Charlie14,
You've already noticed some important differences: walk-around beds vs end beds (climbing over your mate can get old to get in & out of bed); weight (can your existing TV handle the Hi-Lo weight? Ours wouldn't, so we bought a TM); setting up (Hi-Lo 15 sec. pushbutton vs 2+ minutes to open a TM); bathroom in Hi-Lo is roomier than TM; Hi-Lo has black holding tank vs recirculating toilet w/6 gal. capacity in TM.

What it truely boils down to is, "what serves your needs/wants better?" Our TM served us very well for the 3 years/16,000+ miles we owned it. But, we decided we needed to move up to a full-size trailer because we were traveling more extensively and lived in it longer, so we opted for more spacious living quarters.