TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2004, 10:33 PM   #1
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Default Turn the tub for headroom, safety & comfort

I used to be 6' 3", and can still be almost that tall if I stretch and stand up real straight. I'd probably do it more if it didn't hurt so much.

Having now used the TM shower on quite a few occasions, I have a suggestion for the good folks at TM. Why not turn the tub 180 degrees so the drain part (where we stand) is oriented towards the center aisleway, where the tub floor is lowest and the ceiling is the highest. The seat portion of the tub would then be against the outside wall, where headroom would be less an issue and where the sloping roof of the TM causes it to be somewhat less than in the middle of the trailer. I think this switch would yield 2"-3" of headroom in the shower as well as making the entry process more logical and safer since we would step directly into the lowest area fo the tub without any interference from the terlit or the seat in the shower. I've called Bill Hulsey to discuss this idea and will pass on his comments.

My answer to DW and the other vertically-challenged whose initial reaction is that this idea is unneccessary busy work is to just put your little plastic bed stool in the tub and stand on it while you take a shower; then you'll understand ;D

Wayne
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:49 AM   #2
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Wayne,
I measured the distance between the top of the bathroom wall and the sloping roof of my '04 2720SL at 2 places. The difference is only 1 inch between the outside wall and the hallway wall. Somehow, I don't think that the engineering/construction opportunities are favorible for this improvement. The bathroom in the TrailManor is most probably the next most engineered area behind the shell lifting mechanism. The tub would have to be replaced with a left handed model. The plumbing would have to be relocated. The outside shower would have to be relocated. The converter would have to be relocated into one of the cabinets and all of the electrical wiring re-engineered.
MJL

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #3
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Somehow I knew it was too simple. Sure wish I could find another couple of inches, but then somebody a few inches taller would have the same complaint. Guess I'll just scrunch and bear it.

Wayne
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote