TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
Simon3xUD

Default Curtain tie-backs

I guess I'll get the ball rolling....

Is it just me or does anyone else dislike how the curtain tie-backs are done? In our new 3023, the tie-backs have a single row of stitching holding the velcro to the fabric. Problem is, a single row of stitching really isn't sufficient, especially when the stitching itself is not very secure.

I have found that the I have to use both hands to open the tie-backs to keep from pulling the velcro off the fabric. I'd like to be able to add a second row of stitches but I don't have a portable sewing machine and am reluctant to unscrew the tieback from the wall...

Old 07-08-2004, 11:32 PM   #2
Carol
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Curtain tie-backs

Yes, we have the same problem in our 2001 2720SL. It sounds like a good idea to remove them and stich the velcro on more securely.

It really isn't a big deal to unscrew the tiebacks or the curtains, for that matter. We do it every so often to reset the curtains in the tracks after they somehow come partially off the track in the opening and closing of the trailer. We have trouble with the passenger side rear bed window and the living area window next to the door.

I'll have to put that on my To Do list!
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 06:54 PM   #3
smookie

Every fall before we cover our TM for the winter, I take all the curtains off. I clean them in my dryer with the Dryel dry cleaning system, fold them up and keep them in our house. If you wash them, they might shrink.

Twice, mice got in our previous TM and chewed up the curtains so now, I don't take any chances.

If you sew, you can add a row of stitching to the velcro easily. Don't be afraid to remove the screws and it is easiest to use an electric drill with a screwdriver bit.

Take care, smookie