TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Scottie Dogs

Default Electric slide out

Do you think the new electric slide out is nice? I like it.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
rumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie Dogs View Post
Do you think the new electric slide out is nice? I like it.

Nice touch, but pulling out a properly lubricated slide is not hard and in my opinion this is added expense and weight. Also if mechanism fails, is there a manual solution?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
Nice touch, but pulling out a properly lubricated slide is not hard and in my opinion this is added expense and weight. Also if mechanism fails, is there a manual solution?
I agree on that, just trying to get people's views on this. I am happy just the way things are too.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default since we

mostly dry camp that is more power usage, in fact we hardly ever use the power tongue jack. Just hand crank it.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
ng2951

I did not realize that it did not run the lifts. If all it is doing is moving the slideouts I hardly see the value...
Old 08-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2951 View Post
I did not realize that it did not run the lifts. If all it is doing is moving the slideouts I hardly see the value...
I agree on that and it is only one slideout I think? Lifting the shells would be awesome, my front shell is a BEAR:)
Old 08-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
shemele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie Dogs View Post
I agree on that and it is only one slideout I think? Lifting the shells would be awesome, my front shell is a BEAR
I lower the front end with the tongue jack all the way down, then l lift up the front shell up. It makes it easier for me to lift the front shell.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #8
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Default Electric Slide Out

My 2 ˘ ...

My new TM has an electric slide out and electric front jack. I love both of them and think they are not only nice but down right great! Not sure what I would need to do if the slide out fails on-site and that would be a heck of a bummer. I have two group-27 sealed-lead acid batteries and that provides me margin for using such 12VDC while dry camping. I have plenty of power however I do top off the batteries usually once during the campout just to keep as much energy stored as I can just in case it starts to rain and we start using lots of lights, the fan, the DVD and so on.

Anyway, after owning a nice Coleman tent trailer (Grandview SP) I decided to make things as easy and quick on me as possible as I get older. This is why I elected to go for the tongue jack and apppreciate the electric slide out. I strongly considered the electric powered leveling jacks too but instead just went with a cordless drill due to the high cost of the option.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #9
MudDog
TrailManor Master

Some time ago someone posted a link to an after-market add-on to lift the shells automatically.

Site was RVPowerlift.com which now appears to be defunct and re-directs to http://alliedlandscapeco.com/.... caution - not clear who is controlling the site now and the videos that used to be there don't appear to work any more.

The interesting thing was the contact info:

Power Lift Systems, Inc.
PO Box 397
Hartington, NE 68739

Bob Eickhoff
(402) 640-9308
[email protected]

Not long after I first went to the site (from the link that someone posted on TMO), Bob Eickhoff was named CEO of Trailmanor.

So not sure if it was a project he was involved with and now that he's part of TM he's no longer involved with "Power Lift Systems, Inc." or if it is even the same Bob Eickhoff, or if Power Lift Systems was ever a legit company.

If he was involved, I wonder if TM's working on a factory shell lift option on future TM's.
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote