TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
6ringleader

Default Looking at '99 3124king

I am looking at a 3124king that has hail damage and is priced at $3K. It seems to be in decent shape, mainly requiring a good cleaning inside and out. The hail damage is cosmetic except for a hole in the A/C cover and one in the awning end cap. I have some questions about a few other issues that I noticed.

1. The seals between the beds and the shells are worn, and don't appear to be flexible enough to make a seal any more. Does anyone know the approximate cost to replace those seals, and probably the ones between the shells as well?

2. The shells went up and down pretty well, but seemed to wiggle and squirm a bit on the way. How hard is it to adjust the lift mechanism (is it DIY, or a dealer only process).

3. Does anyone know if the 1999 had wood in the shells? We are in Colorado, so I am not too concerned about rot, but would be good to know.

4. The curtains are all shot. Not a big deal to sew some more, but is it hard to get the tabs to attach them. Also, the bed end curtain tracks are gone. Are those replaceable?

5. The wall between the sink and the bathroom was not on a hinge to fold down. was the hinge a later design change, or is there something to be worried about here.

6. The wardrobe was also not attached to the hinge. He said it was because he didn't use it and felt claustrophobic in the bed with it installed. I couldn't tell how hard that would be to reattach.

I know this sounds like quite a few things, but most of them seem like minor issues (other than the seals). He did say that the batteries are shot, and the propane tanks are the old style, so will need to be replaced when they are empty. Tires have good tread on them. He is negotiable on price, so what do you think it is worth.

Thanks for any help. I have been trying to find a TM that I could afford that was not geographically undesireable (like located in NY). This is 45 min. away, and although it is a few years older than I was hoping, it is a good bit lower price than I was expecting.

Kevin
6ringleader is offline   Reply With Quote