TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #21
djkeltn

We have a 2003 Toyota Tundra and a 3124 KS. The match seems to be very very good. Tows easily, brakes rapidly (for a trailer), and is very stable with a WDH.

The Tundra is also used for towing a 17 ft boat and the 4 WD drive is great when you are on a slippery boat ramp (or in the snow). We added a topper on the bed and can carry a lot of camping stuff. The Tundra is an extended cab but the back seat is best for our dog or grandkids… We really like the Toyota and wish they had not supersized their new trucks.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #22
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

We tow with our Land Rover & we did have some reservations about it but it has done a GREAT job so far. We prefer it because it is very comfortable for travel. The negative is if it has a mechanical issue on the road it isn't easy to get it repaired.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:59 AM   #23
freein05

One nice thing about the Honda Ridgeline is the under the bed storage that is locked when the vehicle is. I store my Honda E1000 generator and other valuable things I do not want in the cab. It will also seat 5 adults. I put a bed cover on it to keep all of the junk I take with us dry.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #24
lnussbau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-n-KEL View Post
People capacity should not be an issue then, but is now.
Two additional comments:

A crew cab pickup can generally seat 5 or 6, depending on front seat configuration, with bed size varying depending on the specific truck, but often 5.5 to 8 ft. beds are available.

Also, 4WD is handy for more than just snow/mud/etc. The low range provided is, when on non-paved surfaces, a way to get more control of speed and of climbing/braking power when on rough and/or very steep roads at slow speeds. While this is rarely an issue for me while towing, it is often an issue at other times. Of course granny gear on a good 4 speed manual transmission would do almost as well, though over a much smaller speed range.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #25
irenepl

I have a 04 Grand Cherokee with the 4.7HO and all wheel drive and lots of creature comforts. Need the 4X4 here and we do like some off roading. The jeep handle the TM well and handle 5 but most of the time its just the 2 of us. I get 13-16 towing, 17-19 ciyt and up to 22 mpg hwy milage. It has a great turning radius so make hopping from towing to sightseeing very easy and comfortable.