TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2003, 05:56 PM   #1
bbeckham

Default Quick & Easy Breakfast Tortilla

When we have a lot to territory to cover - driving wise, I fix these breakfast tortillas up ahead of time and store in the refig. Can heat them in the micowave-serve on a paper towel. We fix some coffee and have a filling easy breakfast with little clean up.

On top of each tortilla, place a scrambled egg or single egg omelet, sprinkle with cheese, add cooked bacon or ham, a little salsa to taste. Roll and secure with a tooth pick. Store a bunch in a zip lock bag and keep cool in the refrig. Will keep nicely for days. When ready to heat, wrap a single one in a paper towel and heat for about 1 min in the microwave.

Betty Ann
Old 05-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
camp2canoe

Good recipe - thanks for posting it. I do have a suggestion for precooking the egg mixture if you plan to fix ahead and that is to cook the eggs only until they begin to set. The first time I tried this I cooked the egg mixture to my preferred consistency (fairly firm) and the eggs were then somewhat rubbery after microwaving. - Camp2Canoe