TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
CampAllDay

Okay. This makes sense. Thank you. We don't have a TV yet. We have a old sedan with 160K miles on, which my DH and I want to replace. We have not decided what type of TV to buy, other than it should be optimized to pull the TM (which we don't have either yet). This is going to be expensive ;-) Are there any recommendations on TV optimized for2720 model?

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampAllDay View Post
Okay. This makes sense. Thank you. We don't have a TV yet. We have a old sedan with 160K miles on, which my DH and I want to replace. We have not decided what type of TV to buy, other than it should be optimized to pull the TM (which we don't have either yet). This is going to be expensive ;-) Are there any recommendations on TV optimized for2720 model?

Thanks.
Well, I'd say your going about it the right way. Some new owners or prospective owners try to fit a TM to an existing TV that is marginal in tow weight limit. My suggestion is do as much research as possible and also try and identify where you want to go camping. Those that live near mountains or want to travel through big mountains need a bigger TV. Those that are in SE and Midwest may not need as big a TV if they intend to stay in their area for the most part.

Some new owners suggest they will not travel that far from home but once they get out there, the adventure of hitting the road and seeing where it ends is impulsive.

Most good TV's will start out at 5k lb tow rating. A loaded 2720 will weigh anywhere from 3200 to 3500lbs or more. I like to have a big margin for tow rating. My Tundra rates at 7200lb tow capacity. My TM will weigh over 4k lbs.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
CampAllDay

It is hard to be patient and do the research... I'd love to go camping this weekend with a TM. But in the end (and after figuring out more variables), I can make better decisions (I think). . Thanks for the hints, rvCycleGuy.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampAllDay View Post
It is hard to be patient and do the research... I'd love to go camping this weekend with a TM. But in the end (and after figuring out more variables), I can make better decisions (I think). . Thanks for the hints, rvCycleGuy.
You are very welcome. And it's RV to my friends...

RV

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
moaboy

Several of us have towed many miles very successfully with TV rated at 3500.
Just depends on the size of your TM and how much you plan to carry. How an individual drives impacts the safety margin bigger than any other factor. Most accidents, problems etc are due to operator error, like speeding, tailgating, over driving in hazardous conditions, poor maintenance and so on.

Tags
cargo carrying capacity, ccc, weights