TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
gadusfly

Smile New owner

Backed the '07 2720SL into my driveway Saturday afternoon. We are thrilled with it and truly appreciate all the help that the generous folks on this forum offered us. Towed it from California to outside Phoenix with my 2000 V8 Tundra. Did not have WDH and I really don't think I'll need it, but time will tell. The TM was a demo model so it came with 17" LCD and antenna. The owners manual was lost so the dealer is sending us one. He is also sending the microwave oven but I will have to convert it myself. We aren't planning a trip for a couple of weeks but we are taking it across country in June. We hope to get any kinks ironed out by then. Again, we are truly grateful for all the generous help and patience offered by all the wonderful TM owners out there. We are hoping that someday we may be able to repay be helping someone else....Joe and Janne
Old 04-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
Freedom

Sounds Great! I'm happy for you and I'm sure you will have many great camping experiences in your TM.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Compac Camper

Default Also New Owners

Thats great gadusfly. We also picked up our 2720SL this past weekend. Towed it around 500 miles from Sioux Falls, SD to Bismarck, ND on Interstate 29 and 94. Did pull it with my Pilot, and no wdh (but will install one). It did tow fine though, but those highways, mainly I-29 is as flat as the table. Hills later though in central ND, and a 30 mph crosswind made the last part more interesting, but no problems. Also very happy as it fit right into our 3 stall garage along side the Compac Yacht! The only problem I have found is a missing rubber stop for the stove cover that slightly scratched the surface. But it was a hit in the neighborhood as this country is primarily 5th wheel - big TV's. I think my neighbor is jealous that I can hide my RV away in the garage while he goes and gets his at the storage yard!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:01 AM   #4
NC Camper

Hello Compac Camper,

We are from your neck of the woods so very familiar with highway 29. We drove up 29 & across 95 in early Feb. from NC for a funeral. Having been in NC for 20+ years now we had almost forgotten those -20's & super winds. Worst trip we've ever been on. We didn't have our Trailmanor yet but will be towing our new (to us) 3023 in August. We still have family in Buleah/Hazen area & an old HS buddy in Jamestown. That truly is fifth wheel country.

We've only been out once in our Trailmansion (a friend with a Scamp named it that!) but absolutely love it. We sit in it sometimes on the weekends as we are trying to get our 16 year old poodle used to it for our 6,000 mile trip this summer. Our daughter & her dog slept out there last weekend when she came for a visit.

We have a T@B (teardrop style only larger) that we have taken 3 years & the Trailmanson DOES feel like a mansion to us. We are looking forward to spending many trips with it in a couple of years. Hopefully seeing lots of sights & be up north most of the summer every year. Might run across you along the way sometime.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
gadusfly

We will be doing a 6000+ mile trip this suumer too. I haven't found any problems yet but still have to go top to bottom. Hope to see you folks on the road.