TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
Sandy & Shirley

Default Need some pre-purchase advice.

I hope I'm not breaking the forum rules here, but we are looking for a pop-up for our son to tow behind his SUV. He has a wife and two young girls 8 and 2. We are fifth wheel owners and like the idea of a hard sided unit for our son.

We live in Maryland and there is no Trail Manor dealer in our state, but I did notice one for sale on this forum in southern MD.

We are members of the Everest forum, so we know how helpful these forums can be for newbie's, and we are even pre-newbie's so we really need the advice!

We will probably buy used, and want something that will fit in his garage. So, the big general question list:

What should we look for?

What should we look out for?

Thanks in advance for all the help that I know will come from the members of this forum.

Just remember, travel is always spelled with an R and a V!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
PopBeavers

with two middle aged kids, I would suggest the model 2720 like I have.

Queen bed in the back for us. Double bunk in the front for kids (we mostly use it for extra indoor storage in camp. And the dinette will convert to a bed but you need to be shorter than about 5 feet.

The dinette would only be used it the two kids could not share the bunk or if they brought friends along.

If they will be dry camping (no hookups) get the 40 gallon fresh water tank isntead of the standard 20 gallon tank.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
robertkennel

Buy newer, a couple of years old, and read the tire section Robert
Old 08-21-2010, 06:24 AM   #4
gocntry

There's A Dealer Off Route 95 In Virginia If That Helps At All

http://www.saffordrv.com/inventory.p...rer=TrailManor

It's North Of Fredricksburg I Believe
Old 08-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
rumbleweed

Not sure where in MD you are, but we got ours Just across the PA border at Reichert's If you are in the area you can check out ours, however it is not for sale.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
Sandy & Shirley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
Not sure where in MD you are, but we got ours Just across the PA border at Reichert's If you are in the area you can check out ours, however it is not for sale.
We live in North East, MD -- i 95 about 9 miles south of the Delaware line. Our son and daughter-in-law live near Bel Air.

All of these answers have been very helpful, many thanks.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
TexasCamper

TrailManor was the perfect fit for us. We were looking for a lighter weight pop-up with a smaller towing profile to match our existing tow vehicle. But DW wanted a small bathroom for herself & young kids to use at night. Some of the canvas wall pop-ups had bathrooms but we weren't happy with them. We found that the TM met our needs. Also, the hard sides of the TM allow us to camp in some parks that prohibit canvas-sided campers (haven't tested this yet!)

You mentioned the need to park in the garage. If that's a must, you'll want to look at the shorter models, preferrably one with a swing hitch. I have a 3023 without a swing hitch so I can't park my TM in my own garage.

Good luck with your search!
John
TV#1: 2008 Chrysler Town & Country (3.8L Touring w/ tow package, WDH) (*retired 2018*)
TV#2: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder (w/ tow package, WDH)
TV#3: 2018 Ford F150 (w/ tow package, WDH)
TexasCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
Bluegrass

Another consideration is how big your son and daughter are. We opted for the 3124 instead of the 2720 so we could get the king size bed and be able to turn the mattress lengthwise so one of us doesn't have to crawl over the other to get out of the bed.

Keith