TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
F Shuman

Talking New owner

Wow! What can I say? Bought a 2009 2720 at a rv show - all the bells and whistles. Have yet to camp with it but know it will be different. Traded in a Forest River Flagstaff. It was OK, but I know I am in a new world. We have the model with the sofa and recliner in front, solar panel, etc etc. Somebody on the RV.Net told me about this website and here I am
Old 04-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
ng2951

Welcome. I would at least join for a year since this is good site to get question to get answered accurately and quickly.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
mtnguy

Welcome aboard, F Shuman. Betcha get better fuel mileage with your TM compared to your Flagstaff.

Chap
Old 04-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default Getting To Meet Other Owners

Welcome!

You might want to see
http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Mi...azers/Club.htm.

Joining the TrailManor TrailBlazers is inexpensive and easy. I see that the Mile High Chapter still has SIX rallies planned for this year! And, you can ask for a directory of members that lists everyone in the US who belongs.

Happy Camping in your new TrailManor
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:45 AM   #5
lnussbau

Default More than 6

In addition to the six outings listed for the Mile High chapter this year, we are also having some mid-week rallies on a more "impromptu" basis. So far only one is actually scheduled and announced (May 20-22 at Moraine Campground in Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park, loop C preferred), but we expect to have a couple more of them through the summer.

Again, these are mid-week (Tue-Thu for the one in May), and won't require the long-term advance reservations that are usually needed for the weekend trips.This is a new idea (for us) brought up at the last Mile High meeting. Granted that many folks have trouble getting the time off mid-week, but for those of us who are retired it promises to be a great time.

F. Shuman: Join us at Moraine, if you're able to do so. A list of the "scheduled" rallies can be found here. And here is the Trailblazer's home website.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:13 AM   #6
F Shuman

Great dealer in Colorado Springs. Needed a cover for the TM. Dealer has a source for a custom HD cover, but it was pricey. He said, I have a used one on a new unit waiting to be picked up. Sold!

My first complaint. Dealer said the couch made into a bed. Well . . . maybe. 41" wide and the back that lays down is lower than the seat that pulls out. Wouldn't switch models, but I need to improve this. I did get some felt chair feet and leveled things a little. Any suggestions?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #7
Queeniereads

WTG! and welcome! THis is a great group...you will find out so much stuff! Happy camping! Queen
Old 05-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
lnussbau

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Shuman View Post
Great dealer in Colorado Springs. Needed a cover for the TM. Dealer has a source for a custom HD cover, but it was pricey. He said, I have a used one on a new unit waiting to be picked up. Sold!

My first complaint. Dealer said the couch made into a bed. Well . . . maybe. 41" wide and the back that lays down is lower than the seat that pulls out. Wouldn't switch models, but I need to improve this. I did get some felt chair feet and leveled things a little. Any suggestions?
I've got some "egg crate" foam for the rare occasions when we need that "bed." DW fits on it, but I don't (5' 10"), without scrunching up. A ThermaRest or air mattress on the floor with sheets or sleeping bag would be better, at least for me.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #9
bdhedges

Hi We just purchased a 2008 3023. This our first RV . This Forum was one of the reasons we chose TM. Keep up the good work. Bob & Sandy
Old 05-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
Scott O

The only people who use our front bed are the grandkids, and they don't care! As far as being new and needing info, you have found the right place. We got our first TM just about a year ago and the info posted by the kind and knowlegable folks on this forum got me over the hump. I don't think there is any TM question that you could stump the experts with! Anyhow, join the forum, ask questions, and enjoy your new TM.